GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Airgun Legislation Actions/Information

Illinois update - kind of

(1/3) > >>

mobilemail:
Last November I created a post in the legislative section (linked below in my signature) to encourage IL folks to write their state reps and tell them that airguns should not be regulated as firearms.  I don't know about anyone else, but I have been emailing representatives - both in and out of my district- on this account, about monthly. 

Today I actually got a response from Senator Sam McCann which said, in part,

Regarding the email(s) about airguns, I agree with you wholeheartedly.
My son and I are enthusiasts, as well.

I will draft legislation for the spring.

Please stay in touch.

So I would again encourage the IL airgun enthusiasts, let's do what he asks and stay in touch with our reps. A lot! 

Mosin Marine:
I still do every other month up here mark!

mobilemail:

--- Quote from: Mosin Marine on September 12, 2017, 10:49:48 PM ---I still do every other month up here mark!

--- End quote ---

Cool!  Now if we can get about 3000 of our closest friends...   8)

Mosin Marine:

--- Quote from: mobilemail on September 12, 2017, 10:56:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: Mosin Marine on September 12, 2017, 10:49:48 PM ---I still do every other month up here mark!

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Agreed, i got a response from the Governor and idnr once that read that there test's hadn't show it was ethical to take a deer with a air rifle yet  ??? wth ???  >:(

anti-squirrel:

--- Quote from: Mosin Marine on September 12, 2017, 11:25:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: mobilemail on September 12, 2017, 10:56:02 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Agreed, i got a response from the Governor and idnr once that read that there test's hadn't show it was ethical to take a deer with a air rifle yet  ??? wth ???  >:(

--- End quote ---
Two edged sword, my friends.  We all know it depends on the airgun in question.

Us folks here in VA recently had our laws changed for the worse because a member here raised a stink and he doesn't even live in VA.  C'est la vie, right?

I'm just glad that airguns in some states are becoming more recognized as a legit tool for hunting.  Having a rep or senator that actually engages in the sport is NOT a bad thing :D  So good luck on ya- hopefully the legislation coming forth this Spring will make you all smile

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version