GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Big Bore AirGun Gate

Project Fury 20mm BIGbore. 3100FPE!

(1/110) > >>

MJP:
So this is darkside, and I have been bitten by the bigbore bug. I have built couple of mediocre bore rifles in the past but this is my first real bigbore build. I have got today one of three barrels that have sat in storage greased and unused for decades. Just to be build in to something else that they originally where designed for. It starts with one picture, with one .457 290grain slug for comparison.

Marko

Mod90:
 :o
I hope you're aware you're gonna need to use an scba tank as a reservoir & more likely than not that gun's only gonna give you one shot.

But oh what a shot it will be 8)

MJP:
Oh yeah. Lots of air is going to be used with a dump valve, air is the easiest consumable in this build, think about the size and weight of the lead... With powder the bullet weighed around 120grams...
I was planning on something like half of that.
I'll start with around 800cc air volume in the plenum and work from that to what ever volume is needed for speed. 

Edit, the barrel is 1100mm now that I cut the chamber off. Its a 20mm AA gun (anti air gun) ;)
So when you see this Bob Sterne, would you be so kind and tell me some numbers on that air volume in 300bar?

rintafile:
Accurate has mold which is .755 and 1320grains. It should be possible to get wider like .787 or .788 of course weight increases also  ;D
http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_detail.php?bullet=75-1320-D.png

It is over two times bigger than mold which I have 683grains  :o

MJP:
Makes me think about sabots and .50cal slugs... All that surface area and light bullet  :D

Marko

Edit, not that 600grains ain't that light to begin with...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version