GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Airgun Legislation Actions/Information

Washington State Hunting Laws Regading Air Rifles

(1/4) > >>

gaisom:
  How many of you Washington State Hunters would join in an effort to make Air Rifles of a certain FPE level legal for hunting certain game in WA. 
  I am thinking that the WDFW board that sets the rules has no information on the capabilities of modern Air Rifles regarding the accuracy, distance and power at a given distance.
  Remember, these are the people who, only a few years ago would not allow hunting of Game with a CrossBow.
  I think it might be in our hunters best interest to make the appropriate licensing board more capable of making good decisions regarding airguns. 
  However, on the other side of the coin it may also cause them to revisit some of the existing law on what is considered a pest/invasive species. What say you?

ToRmEnToR:
I'm with you there.. In Tacoma there's a city ordnance of no firing anything bb/pellet, even airsoft within the city limits without permit! What do you think the first step would be?

gaisom:

--- Quote from: ToRmEnToR on October 18, 2014, 03:07:33 PM ---I'm with you there.. In Tacoma there's a city ordnance of no firing anything bb/pellet, even airsoft within the city limits without permit! What do you think the first step would be?

--- End quote ---

I suggest you get the permit.  This is obviously aimed at kids with the above named weapons.  However, this is not the reason I posted the question, as State Hunting Laws will not take preference in these types of cases.

I also seem to remember that this law was spurred on by a City Policeman shooting a boy playing with a friend at night in an alley with an Airsoft gun.  ( They were not required to have orange barrel tips at the time).

That aside, I think the first thing that would have to be done is to educate the people on the board as to the capabilities of modern Air Rifles.

Bullit:
Perhaps you may contact Rob Ensley or Tom Nelson (KIRO radio), and they might be able to help steer you.

gaisom:

--- Quote from: Bullit on October 18, 2014, 03:20:24 PM ---Perhaps you may contact Rob Ensley or Tom Nelson (KIRO radio), and they might be able to help steer you.

--- End quote ---

Great Idea!  I am going to start writing down Who (contact) What(Air Rifles) When (Done before the next Rules and Regulations Meeting)

I will probably have to find what the estimated FPE per caliber to penetrate Turkey Feathers is..(Turkey should be much tougher than grouse)

Also probably look at a list of game species that would be able to (perhaps) be taken with an airgun.

I suspect I will also need max estimated range and effective range for the different calibers also...starting to look very complicated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version