GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Air Gun Gate

2 pics of new Meisterschutze and initial impressions.

(1/5) > >>

timegoat:
She scares me and I like it!

Looks great, feels great. Trigger is different from my previous 34. The second stage is soft and will take some getting used to. I might want to shorten that up a bit in the future. A bit heavy, but I like slightly heavier guns. Dunno about pulling a steroid with this just yet, but time will tell. 3-9x40 scope is nice, but will take some getting used to. I've been using a 4x32 or open sights up till now. Had no idea how much my heart beat made it move.

The only thing I don't like is that she is firing everything supersonic. Is that part of the break in period? Lightweight RWS SHPs up to 10.5gr CPUMs are all cracking the sound barrier. One of the reasons I got into air rifles was so I could shoot and not freak out the neighbors. Is it too much to hope that the spring will soften a little bit during the break in time? I don't remember this with my other 34, but there's a lot I don't remember anymore. I'm kind of assuming the spring will start out a little tight and then soften down to it's rated velocity for the long haul. There ain't a lot of wiggle room between 1,100fps for sound and the roughly 1,000fps she should be shooting at, so I'm hopeful.

Seems to be shooting fine, but I've only put a couple dozen pellets through her and they are going a bit wild (once again I'm assuming it's the crazy fast velocity). The last 5 I shot were RWS SHPs and if I remember right they were hitting off a few inches from each other, but I'm not a steady shooter right now either. I can't tell how much it jumps or how loud the spring and piston are because every time I squeeze the trigger I jump outta my chair from the crack of the pellet.

One thing I really like is how much better the pellets seat into this rifle. There was always a little skirt overhang with the older one, but they seemed to have countersunk the breach a little better for this one. All 5-6 different kind of pellets I tried sat snug and flush (even a fraction of an inch deeper than flush in some cases).

Cocking it is a little tougher but smoother than the older 34. And it catches nicely. The muzzle break seems functionally useless but looks really cool so I'm gonna keep it on. It also serves to protect the barrel from my titanium wedding ring.

All in all, I like it a lot so far. And as long as she settles in a little quieter all should be right with the world.

I hope The Red Menace (red squirrels) heard me shooting and took the hint. This thing is gonna be devastating.

dk1677:
Nice one ! Congrats!

Brutuz:
Looks great !

Jay:
I'm glad you like your new toy ;D,hope she get's softer in the noise department for ya. Is all the grease around the latch/breech an all been removed while cleaning?It only take's a small amount in chamber area to cause a detonation ;).

timegoat:
Thanks guys!  ;D

I have not removed the grease but I will do that before my next shooting session. Glad you said something, I was wondering about that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version