GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Back Room

Veterans, where did you serve?

<< < (93/95) > >>

BanjomanMI76:

--- Quote from: USAFANG6799 on August 08, 2022, 11:13:05 PM ---Brent - So close to 20. Did you get out on a medical or just had enough of the military?

--- End quote ---
Mutual agreement

Blowpipe Sam:
I’ve got a medical discharge but I avoid the VA.  I have very good insurance through my employer so I’m holding off on dealing with the VA until after I retire here.

RobertMcC:

--- Quote from: Blowpipe Sam on August 10, 2022, 10:42:09 AM ---I’ve got a medical discharge but I avoid the VA.  I have very good insurance through my employer so I’m holding off on dealing with the VA until after I retire here.

--- End quote ---

Doesn't matter what country you served with, but they all have the same thing in common. VA is ran by morons. I'm lucky as my wife begged her family doctor to take me as a patient.  If not I'd have no doctor, and the kidney cancer would go un checked. But its Canadian provincial healthcare so probably the same as VA, meh at best.

Hoosier Daddy:

--- Quote from: RobertMcC on November 11, 2022, 09:10:04 PM ---
--- Quote from: Blowpipe Sam on August 10, 2022, 10:42:09 AM ---I’ve got a medical discharge but I avoid the VA.

--- End quote ---

Doesn't matter what country you served with, but they all have the same thing in common. VA is ran by morons.

--- End quote ---

I was exposed to a lot of S**T.. and you know what?
I signed on the dotted line to allow it when I enlisted as we all did.

Right or wrong, I chose to serve my country. I am now seeing the ramifications, but I am not regretful...
Some of our brothers never came home... think about that.
I feel lucky and Proud.

Blowpipe Sam:

--- Quote from: Hoosier Daddy on November 11, 2022, 09:19:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: RobertMcC on November 11, 2022, 09:10:04 PM ---
--- Quote from: Blowpipe Sam on August 10, 2022, 10:42:09 AM ---I’ve got a medical discharge but I avoid the VA.

--- End quote ---

Doesn't matter what country you served with, but they all have the same thing in common. VA is ran by morons.

--- End quote ---

I was exposed to a lot of S**T.. and you know what?
I signed on the dotted line to allow it when I enlisted as we all did.

Right or wrong, I chose to serve my country.
Some brothers never came home... think about that.

--- End quote ---
Canadian military is a little different from Uncle Sam Scott.  Back in my day they were the worst paid and had to serve two years of national service.  I trained a surprising number of Canadian kids who enlisted in the US Army.  We had better pay, better PX, better benefits AND they got credit for national service by Canada.

So here’s a salute to the Canadian, German, South Korean and Indian nationals I knew who served in the United States Army.  Americans all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version