GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Optics, Range estimation & related subjects

quality of gamo 3-9x40 w1pm optics

(1/1)

emanuele:
I had as gift a gamo hpa storm igt 7.5 J with the gamo 3-9x40 w1pm optics.
I'm pretty new to airgun optics, so I was asking what is the quality of this optics.
Is it good enough or would be better to get someting better in a price range 80-120 dollars?

Back_Roads:
 A rule of thumb is to use the free scope on something with no recoil, and get a better one for the recoiling gun. Or use it until it fails and upgrade then.

emanuele:

--- Quote from: Back_Roads on September 07, 2022, 10:02:54 AM --- A rule of thumb is to use the free scope on something with no recoil, and get a better one for the recoiling gun. Or use it until it fails and upgrade then.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, mate.
That optics turned out to be defective. After few shot sessions, the objective went out of focus above 7x and then the zoom knob was stuck at 9x and didnt move anymore.
Sent back for warranty substitution.

Yogi:

--- Quote from: emanuele on September 11, 2022, 12:19:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: Back_Roads on September 07, 2022, 10:02:54 AM --- A rule of thumb is to use the free scope on something with no recoil, and get a better one for the recoiling gun. Or use it until it fails and upgrade then.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, mate.
That optics turned out to be defective. After few shot sessions, the objective went out of focus above 7x and then the zoom knob was stuck at 9x and didnt move anymore.
Sent back for warranty substitution.

--- End quote ---

See if you can upgrade to a better scope.  If you get the same model, I bet the same thing will happen.

-Y

uglymike:
gamo scope = garbage, give it the neighbor kids to play pirate with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version