GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Optics, Range estimation & related subjects

Need advice for Mount (AIRMAX 2-7x32 AO) on HW50S

(1/2) > >>

shalski:
Hi
I got a new HW50S and got a AIRMAX 2-7x32 AO to mount on it I bought a Sportsmatch 1-Pc Mount Medium to mount my Hawke scope looks like Airmax is a small for this mount.
I am thinking of now getting a Sportsmatch  TO4C or Mount Sportsmatch LTO31C Low 2 piece mount, Looking forward to recommendations.
Should I go for the low mount or medium. Any other mount ?

PasadenaMike:

--- Quote from: shalski on August 28, 2022, 07:42:46 PM ---Hi
I got a new HW50S and got a AIRMAX 2-7x32 AO to mount on it I bought a Sportsmatch 1-Pc Mount Medium to mount my Hawke scope looks like Airmax is a small for this mount.
I am thinking of now getting a Sportsmatch  TO4C or Mount Sportsmatch LTO31C Low 2 piece mount, Looking forward to recommendations.
Should I go for the low mount or medium. Any other mount ?

--- End quote ---

Just mounted the same scope to the same gun using a pair of high mounts by Sportsmatch from Aoa. Make sure you torque things down properly

Roadworthy:
Rule of thumb would normally be a low mount for a 32 mm objective and medium for 40 or 44.

Bladebum:
I've owned 3 hw50s, the last two with exact same scope. I have used medium utg rings on all of them, as well as on all 9 other springers I've owned, and they have worked great.

Tape inside the rings helps, and a stop pin is a must for whatever rings you choose. Low rings are too low for the objective on the airmax, but I've always found mediums to be about perfect on HWs. The sportsmatch should work great

Bayman:
The medium T02C or T04C rings on all my springers. They work great for me.

The T02C are slimmer single bolt rings. I use them on Hw30s and Hw50s. I like the slimmer look on the smaller guns. Plus they're a little lighter too. They hold just fine.

The T04C use double bolt clamps. I use them on the more powerful springers that typically have bigger heavier scopes.

You should use the included recoil pin and torque both rings. 53 in lbs at the dovetail screw and 16 in lbs at the cap. Degrease the dovetail groove with denatured alcohol first.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version