GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Optics, Range estimation & related subjects

Parallax issue... idk?

(1/4) > >>

Airgunsniper8698:
Ok so I am confused here I am having really odd spreads with this scope. Idk if I am doing something wrong or what. All of the shoots at the below targets were taken with my new .177 Benjamin Armada sporting a monster 4-16 x 50mm scope and I was using a bipod with no wind. It was a nice calm morning.

This is my first time with a scope that has parallax adjustment so maybe I am wrong there. The big Brichwood Scoping target I used to zero my scope done to where I zero all my scopes 50'. Following the scope instructions I set my parallax to make the target clear and crisp which was just about the 15yards scribe mark on it. All was fine.

Today I shot at 4 ranges, 25, 50, 80, and 150 feet. The 80 foot target I didn't include a photo of was a resetting squirrel target. Had no issues hitting it accurately with a parallax setting of little over 50yards and a half mil down

The 150 foot target is the the white target and I had parallax at roughly 150 yards mark to get a clear target picture. I couldn't get a consistent grouping and I wasn't using any mil hold over.

The 50 foot target is the orange one with the wide spread. I was parallaxing at 25 yards. And kept hitting high even with 2 full mils down.

And the 25 foot target is the orange one with the string of hits. I parallaxed at 15yard mark and was hitting good aiming true no use of mils.

Is all of that normal or am I not using parallax adjustment correctly. Because the parallax yardage isn't adding up to the distances I was shooting at.

Motorhead:
At what Distance are you ZEROED at ?

Are you using any sort of bubble level ?
* If so are you sure scopes retical is vertical to bores center line & level has been set while viewing a plumb line at distance ?

mobilehomer:
The markings on the side focus are rarely if ever even close. As long as the target is clear and focused, don't worry about it. If you plan to use it for rangeing, then measure your distance and focus. Some people use white tape on the knob and mark it.

Airgunsniper8698:

--- Quote from: Motorhead on August 23, 2022, 02:24:20 PM ---At what Distance are you ZEROED at ?

Are you using any sort of bubble level ?

--- End quote ---

Zeroed at 50' for my usual shooting needs I found a zero of 50' was good. I can hit closer at 25-30' and farther at 80' without much difficulty. So I zero everything at 50' The only exception is when I go long range, I zero in at 100'.

No bubble level or level of any kind used.

--- Quote from: mobilehomer on August 23, 2022, 02:32:24 PM ---The markings on the side focus are rarely if ever even close. As long as the target is clear and focused, don't worry about it. If you plan to use it for rangeing, then measure your distance and focus. Some people use white tape on the knob and mark it.

--- End quote ---

Oh, ok. I kinda got that impression from the fact that the parallax marking wasn't matching my shooting distances. I might try that, I've got some orange marking tape and a black pen that write good on the tape. Might try that.

HunterWhite:
50 FEET or 50 YARDS?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version