GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > PCP/CO2/HPA Air Gun Gates "The Darkside"

Playing with Origin and Beeman 2027 This Sunday Morning !

(1/1)

wll2506:
Putzing around this Sunday morning. I have my Origin out, shooting at my old setting. Going to shoot Norma 17.6 grainers -- wanna see how they do. Hoping they are sending these 17.6's in the 950fps range, so I can turn the power down and get more shots. That was not the case  ---  I would like around 850fps with the Norma pellets, that would be great and give me ~ 40 powerful shots ! The Origin is a very powerful gun !!

Test: First shots were in the 700's, so instead of messing around I backed the hammer spring out till it stopped, it was 2 turns. I turned the hammer spring in 4 complete turns and let er rip --- I was getting ~830fps at 3650 psi, after a few shots she was in getting around 846+ --- I left it alone, Norma 17.6 gr's (2 up from old setting).

At 846fps with 17.6 gr pellets. I'm good !

Shot 10 shots to sight in and check Chrono Settings --- This gun is now set up for these Norma heavies @ a starting of  ~ 846fps. Velocity will climb a little. but the Umarex EPT system works pretty well. If at 3200 the velocity is around 875+ish, I will lower the spring tension 1/4 turn. Shooting in the 835 - 850fps zone is just fine for knocking any pest I go after :-)

How is accuracy ? Head of HOSP accurate at 35 yards is no problem, I'm shooting as accurately as my 74 year old body can hold - No surprises at all :-) I'm very happy with these Norma .22 cal. 17.6gr pellets, with the Origin and the Beeman 1358.

This pellet and tune make for a great combo. At this speed, I have about 18fpe at 45 yards

--------------------------

I now take my Beeman 2027 out and see how she's shooting ---- same as yesterday --  boring, boring, boring.  The trigger is better since I worked on it, no rough creep. The groups are the same small groups at 25 yards and about half an inch high exactly what I want. The JSB Monsters (old style) shoot great in this gun.

I move to another location and my target is around 40 yards away -- the pellets are there right now. It's almost ridiculous to carry a big heavy springer out in the field that maybe will reach 685fps with Monsters in 177, when this light little 18 inch "Pistol" does it all - amazing, amazing.

The down side is you need a pump or air tank to keep it going and it is noisy.

It's 7:33am now and I've been out shooting since 5:45am and its getting hot, I'm heading home !

wll

Earl:
My 2027 likes RWS R10 wadcutters 7.0 gr 4.51mm diameter.
Sometimes it puts 10 of 10 pellets into 1 ragged hole at 18 yards at 580fps average.

wll2506:

--- Quote from: Earl on August 14, 2022, 02:59:02 PM ---My 2027 likes RWS R10 wadcutters 7.0 gr 4.51mm diameter.
Sometimes it puts 10 of 10 pellets into 1 ragged hole at 18 yards at 580fps average.

--- End quote ---

Earl,

That is very, very nice -- that is one of the reasons I like this little pistol so much, there's so there many things that you can do with it. Back yard target practicing, to busting cans, to pesting. This little gun is very versatile.

I'm sure you are getting lots of shots, a great feature of this gun !

wll

x3baddad:
Every time I shoot this 2027 it puts a smile on my face due to how many shots I can get out of the smallest 50cc air tube of any gun I own.

wll2506:

--- Quote from: x3baddad on August 15, 2022, 11:47:24 PM ---Every time I shoot this 2027 it puts a smile on my face due to how many shots I can get out of the smallest 50cc air tube of any gun I own.

--- End quote ---

Ya, I know, it knocks my socks off also !

wll

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version