GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Wild Game Preparation and Recipes Gate

Caution!!

<< < (2/7) > >>

Bicycleman:
Good morning, Eddie.  It is good to hear from you.
All is good around the campfire here.
You bet I am sooooo ready for the squirrel season.  [I didn't hunt the Spring Season due to the early warm temperatures and the ticks.]  My two permissions here are solid.  And I am also planning to hunt in Louisiana with my brother.  He has two permissions there.  One is definitely available.  The other one is questionable since there have been some changes since last season.  I will see how it plays out once I get down there and snoop around some.   ;) :D
Stay well and good hunting my friend.

Xraycer:
Mike, I'm sorry to hear about the ruined rice and the preceding surgical extraction of the rice cooker from your nether orifice. Now, there are the simple, inexpensive glass lid rice cooker, and then there are the +$100 rice cooker that has the locking cover.  Being Asian, I own the pricy, sophisticated version. Just add the proper ratios, and set it and forget it. Perfect rice every time. Heck, make rice in the morning, and it'll still be fresh, hot and unburnt at dinner time.
Mine can cook/make other stuff as well, but I've never bothered even looking into it. All I want is perfect rice!

Blowpipe Sam:
I have an ancient 2qt. Club aluminum sauce pan.  I learned to make rice in it when I was a kid.  I taught my daughter to cook rice in it and found a duplicate pot in a thrift store for her when she moved out.  The memsahib does not cook rice.  She leaves rice to me and the kid.

In fact I think I’ll go cook up a pot of chicken and rice right now!

Bicycleman:
Cap, I am happy that I could provide a little bit of inspiration for your next feast.
Dinh, you said "set it and forget it".  I like the forget it part; and that is exactly what I do when the discussion turns to automatic rice cookers.  I call it the joy of cooking to do things in the old ways.

Rick67:

--- Quote from: Bicycleman on August 17, 2022, 12:50:51 PM ---Cap, I am happy that I could provide a little bit of inspiration for your next feast.
Dinh, you said "set it and forget it".  I like the forget it part; and that is exactly what I do when the discussion turns to automatic rice cookers.  I call it the joy of cooking to do things in the old ways.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, and using earthen ware and wood to cook food.

Food just tastes better cooked that way 🤗

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version