GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > PCP/CO2/HPA Air Gun Gates "The Darkside"

Hammer material and aluminum air tube

(1/10) > >>

3crows:
I felt I should just start a thread and not derail another. I have an aluminum air cylinder for my Marauder .25. I have the OE valve and hammer, the Tim Hill valve and light weight aluminum hammer and I have a JSAR Delrin MDS hammer. The MDS hammer is recessed and I assume intended to use the OE striker.

The TH valve and hammer were advertised as a match set so I sort of want to use his set up but with the aluminum air tube should I go with the JSAR MDS hammer with the Delrin out sleeve?

The TH hammer (with Peet striker) is very light compared to the OE and the MDS hammer kind of splits the difference. He provided a dry lube with it and of course I have spray on dry lubes as well.

So, yea or nea, on using the aluminum TH hammer with the aluminum air tube so I can use the TH valve? Or, MDS hammer with the OE valve or???????

Thanks for thoughts. (This is for a primarily hunting rifle so power takes precedence over shot counts but I do not want to go crazy, 45 fpe give or take).

James

Motorhead:
The JSAR Aluminum air tubes MUST BE used with a synthetic surfaced hammer ( Nylon, Delrin etc ... )
Factory steel hammer will gall tube in time as will a Hill Anodized aluminum hammer.  They will work no doubt, but the air tubes internal surface where hammer slides will not !!

These AKA: MDS hammer come in a wide weight range pending application, regulated or not.

rsterne:
Even synthetics can damage an aluminum air tube (or steel for that matter) if there is any grit introduced.... It will embed in the softer material and scratch up the harder one....

Bob

3crows:
TH Hammer (Peet striker) = 22.5 g
OE Hammer and striker = 74.2 g
JSAR MDS Hammer (w/OE striker) = 49.2 g ( https://www.jsairrifles.com/2022-MarauderArmada-Super-Hammer_p_23.html)

Do you think I can set up the MDS hammer I have to work with the TH valve? I have the OE hammer spring and I have the TH supplied hammer spring that came with his "Improved" performance kit (valve, hammer, spring, transfer port etc)?

I guess I am trying to ferret out a direction to proceed in?

I would not have thought a dry lubed aluminum hammer would be such a no go with an aluminum tube, both anodized? BTW, the MDS hammer results in the striker being recessed. I fabbed a spacer to set it out even with the face. Was thinking to use a #211 O-ring(s) as a buffer if set even with my spacer.

BTW, this is not a regulated rifle, I have a regulator and other items for my Gen 1 .25 but that project is well behind this one and mowing my yard ;).

James

Motorhead:
Heavier JSAR hammer and play with differing weight springs ... IMO

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version