GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Hunting Gate

Get to the chopper!

(1/2) > >>

customcutter:
Sorry, one YTuber that I found a couple of weeks ago uses that in his videos every time he gets a whirling tail shot.  He actually has a voice over of Arnold Schwarzenegger yelling in it in the video.  Makes me laugh every time.

Last night the rats got active about :30 before dark.  Once I made the shot they didn't show back up on the trail cam footage until after 1:30AM.

The last 1:20 of the video is actual time just to show the rats. ;D  I'm thinking there were 3 and hoping to keep a breeding pair for recreational purposes. :o

I apologize I meant to reduce the speed on the scopecam footage in order to reduce the shakiness and forgot too. 

Senor Ramon:
Ken,

Great shot! Mine show up between 3:00 - 4:30 a.m.What bait are you using? I use birdseed as they are not attracted to peanut butter. I am finding it difficult to have them wait for me to appear  and take a shot. I have a wifi wyze camera which alerts me to their presence and a HF ding donger. But by the time I appear at my window with my already prepared and loaded rifle they have grabbed some seeds or peanuts and jumped back into the brush to eat. They return a few minutes or sometimes hours later. Any tips? 

customcutter:

--- Quote from: Senor Ramon on August 12, 2022, 07:00:52 PM ---Ken,

Great shot! Mine show up between 3:00 - 4:30 a.m.What bait are you using? I use birdseed as they are not attracted to peanut butter. I am finding it difficult to have them wait for me to appear  and take a shot. I have a wifi wyze camera which alerts me to their presence and a HF ding donger. But by the time I appear at my window with my already prepared and loaded rifle they have grabbed some seeds or peanuts and jumped back into the brush to eat. They return a few minutes or sometimes hours later. Any tips?

--- End quote ---

Ramon, the bird seed is a mix that my wife bought at Rural King.  It is about 75% bird seed and about 25% cracked corn mixed in.  I have found that opening my patio door usually spooks any critters.  So, I moved the bait station back to the other side of the house.  I use a HF DD'er, and a trail cam.  The trail cam lets me pattern their activity, and the DD'er lets me know if something is at the station.  Usually in the daytime it's always birds or squirrels.  About :30 before dark I start checking when the alarm goes off.  You can see from the video they are quick.

I just had the alarm go off and went to check, it was rats.  I waited for the one at the station to jump back in the shed, and as I was trying to get into my chair and tripod set-up another one jumped down out of the shed.  It saw me, needless to say that ended their activity.  Hopefully they will be back before dark in a couple of hours.

ranchibi:
Ken, excellent shot and nice video! Very clear footage! I take vital shots when they are broadside as their heads dart in and out like a turtles as they feed but take fuze box shots when str8 on as forward and backward head movement is inconsequential then. Last night I peered out about 8:30pm and a large rat was checking things out but took off...TBC hopefully! Smart of you to keep a population going for sniping practice! LOL!

dk1677:
Nice shot Ken!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version