GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Bargain Gate

UTG 3-12 classic mil dot

(1/6) > >>

singleshotcajun:
Earlier this year I bought two of these and later wanted another and could find them. I think these are being phased out. IMHO they are perfect for air rifles. Found more today .
https://kdsportinggroup.com/scp3-3124eaow-utg-classic-3-12x44-30mm-mil-dot-scope/

only1harry:
This is probably one of my favorite inexpensive scopes after the old discontinued Bushnell Legend 5-15x40 (1") which has a little more clarity.  I honestly don't think you can beat the UTG 3-12x44 30mm Side Focus scope for the price, especially now that everything has gone up in price.  Even the UTG BugBuster 3-12x32 SF costs more, and in my opinion that's a pretty average scope (I have 2 of them and won't buy another one).

I have 3 UTG 3-12x44 scopes and they hold up no problem on smaller caliber firearms like AR15's and pistol carbines that I 've had them on, and my friend has one on his 6.5 Creedmoor AR.  I am able to shoot good groups at 100yds, and of course they are perfect for PCP's too at least out to 40-50 yards for precise head shots on small game.  Just keep in mind this is a full-size scope but it's not too heavy for a 30mm tube.  The website in the link above says 19.2 oz. but when I weighed a couple of mine they were 20 or 21 oz IIRC, so with rings it's def. over 1.5 lbs which is really not bad at all for a 30mm scope + rings.

Gear_Junkie:
I too think this is a fantastic scope.  The quality seems way above the price class.  I've been using one for FT and it even ranges extremely well.  This is by far my favorite UTG scope out of the many that I've tried.

singleshotcajun:
Well kids want the 3900 color reticle you know so We may not see more of these. My new one should be here today and that will make three for me. Trying to curtail unnecessary spending or I would buy more.

Madd Hatter:
I wonder if it will hold up on my diana 48? I have one on my Sumatra and love it. Thinking I'd replace the tasco varmint scope I have mounted in a knock off ZR that I modded. I'd like to mount it directly to the rifle.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version