GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Big Bore AirGun Gate

Benjamin Bulldog .357 owners: how many FPS does your gun like?

(1/1)

PseudoSane:
I completed a few modifications last weekend on my Benjamin Bulldog .357, including a depinger and power spring. This week I've been messing around with the chronograph, and with 3 turns back on the spring I've been getting 5 shot strings of 930-850 FPS (10 shot strings of 930-800) using JSB Diabolo, .35 Cal, 81.02gr.  I'm currently waiting for more pellets to come in before I adjust the spring again. But in your experience though, is it worth trying to get more FPS out of a JSB Diabolo?  Alternatively, what's the FPS sweet spot for your bulldog and JSB's?

Ironman482:
I use mine for deer hunting in Texas , so I need a min of 215 fpe , so pellets are a no no , I drilled the valve and barrel to .295 and with the stock spring get 225 fpe with 148 cast slugs , I get 5 shots from 861 - 823 with the spring 3 turns out , if your gonna shoot pellets only I would leave the valve stock as you don't really need more fps for 81 gr pellets.

Jzizzle:
I have since sold the bulldog, but I remember tuning for pellets right at 930fps. 

I quickly ditched the pellets in this platform and strictly shot NSA 110gr slugs at 950fps.

redlined_b16a:
Mine has mods but it perfers 800-850 fps with 148-154 grain casted lead ammo.
Can shoot a 1.5"  5 shot group at 50 yards

Opened and polished transferport/valve and barrel

Using Lee Precesion .358 molds pushed through Lee .356 dies

The gt bullets 88 grain .380 favors 800 fps

Smbob:
The 81gr JSB'S didn't shoot well in my Bulldog. Maybe they would if I messed with the hammer spring.
The 81gr Polymags at 905 fps shot really well.
5 shots .75" at 50 yards out of the box.
I don't plan on shooting pellets through it for long.
Right now the GT Bullets 130gr .357 cast hollow points are going 787 fps. Going to try them for accuracy this weekend.
Gun is stock (Except for a Bulldog Depinger and barrel supports) with the hammer spring tuned all the way in to where it won't cock, then backed out
3/4 of a turn.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version