GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Bargain Gate

Value estimation of 2018 Diana M34 .22 with factory one piece mount and scope

(1/3) > >>

DAN 25:
I found a 2018 T06 M34 in .22 in the local pawn shop in very good condition.  Only the smallest few dings on plain birch (?) stock.  Bluing just below the frt. sight zero wear from cocking.   Two bb sized patches of surface rust where the compression tube meets the wood.  Few screwdriver marks on the screws on the mount from using too small of a screwdriver.  The adjustable objective variable power scope is of poor quality and is marked RWS in gold.  They want $150 out the door.  Your thoughts on value?  Not sure if this is the correct place but it should be close enough to not get in trouble with the moderators.  Asking for a friend as I already have an older M34 that I wouldn't trade for this newer one.

Acapulco:
There's too many 34s out there for the 150 price tag with issues u mentioned.

I'd pass.

I remembered i looked at the RWS 3400 @ AoA. Nice gun , priced at 150.
Take a look

Denby95:
I think you can find better condition at 150. If you look at the classifieds here and airgun warriors etc you'll find D34s without rust or screwdriver damage at that price range.

I personally own the RWS 3400 Acapulco mentioned and would not recommend it. It does not have an adjustable two stage trigger (like a Diana does), and in fact has quite a heavy trigger. It has a nice stock but is a frankstein of parts mostly from Walther and it means dealing with Umarex if things ever go wrong and Umarex is not exactly known for positive customer service experiences. Third party support is around to some extent for Walthers but alot less than it is for a D34.

If your friend is after a D34, I'd stick with that and keep browsing.

MMCM13:
If you can find a Diana 34 new, it is over $300. The last one I bought used was $150 at least 4 years ago. I would ask for best price out the door, and see if they let you return it if it doesn’t perform normally. The one piece mount can be used for a new scope as well. It isn’t a bragging rights deal, but it isn’t a bad deal in my eyes. Both of my D34s (.177, .22) are T06 models and are good shooters with JSB pellets.

DAN 25:

--- Quote from: Denby95 on July 01, 2022, 08:39:52 PM ---I think you can find better condition at 150. If you look at the classifieds here and airgun warriors etc you'll find D34s without rust or screwdriver damage at that price range.

I personally own the RWS 3400 Acapulco mentioned and would not recommend it. It does not have an adjustable two stage trigger (like a Diana does), and in fact has quite a heavy trigger. It has a nice stock but is a frankstein of parts mostly from Walther and it means dealing with Umarex if things ever go wrong and Umarex is not exactly known for positive customer service experiences. Third party support is around to some extent for Walthers but alot less than it is for a D34.

If your friend is after a D34, I'd stick with that and keep browsing.

--- End quote ---

Im not accustomed to posting on this site.  I attempted to post a reply and it told me I was double posting so I backed out and came back and my post is nowhere to be found.  Forgive my ignorance but I have no idea what a RWS 3400 Acapulco is.  The rifle I examined is clearly marked RWS M34 T06, made in Germany.  The bluing is as new except for two small bb sized spots of surface rust.  To see any of the fewest small dings in the stock you would have to hold it just so and sight down the stock to see anything.  To the casual observer the stock would appear perfect as factory new.  The scope is garbage.  I didnt get to take it outside and properly adjust the ocular and then dicker with the parallax adjustment.  I suggested to the prospective buyer that if he wants it to figure in a Hawke Vantage fixed 4x with adjustable objective from Optics Planet for around $75 after rebate and a holiday small percentage off.  A few mars on screws means nothing to the buyer.  This gun will live for three or four months in a non-climate-controlled workshop to shoot garden raiding squirrels at ranges of 15 to maybe 30 yards max.  That will be its only purpose.  Considering these guns go for $380 online retail new without scope or mount, $150 with a good mount seemed pretty good to me. We live in a very rural, deep south area and this is the first non Walmart sold air gun I have seen for sale used in years.  Unless the T06 M34s are garbage this would appear to be a good deal.  Keep in mind one way shipping from out of area is $50 and you cannot put hands on or shoot until you're out at least return shipping if they will accept a return.  I bought a M34 new in 1998 and absolutely love it.  I realize the new ones wont have the craftsmanship of a 1998 variant but certainly they are not garbage?  Please advise.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version