GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Air gun Entertainment and reviews > Hajimoto Productions

marauder upgrade

<< < (2/15) > >>

Back_Roads:
 First I would try adding some hammer spring tension, if you are still not getting the speeds you want, open the transfer adjustment screw a little. Count and jot down your turns for reference.

Frank in Fairfield:
Fill to 3000psi.
Open the VS to 4 turns CCW.
Replace blocking screw.
Turn HT (1/8”) full CCW.
Then turn HT (1/4”) full CW 6 turns.
That is the maximum power you will get from your rifle.
You will probably b wasting air as the hammer bumps up against the poppet after each shot.
You can add bStaley to correct that.
But those settings should get you real close to 900fps with 14.3.
If too much, you can reduce HT (1/8”) by turning CW or reducing HS (1/4”) by turning CW.
When you get close to the results you are after you can increase efficiency a bit by closing (CW) the VS a turn or two.

bear air:
Following along. You need to get a chronograph so you know exactly what is happening with each adjustment. Record the results for later on if you need it. The b-staley mod is a pretty good one.

huntr:
A chronograph is essential to know what you're adjustments are doing. How else will you know what direction you're headed? Here's a guide.  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WFDife1EqVkkDQPEwRZFU6Kawki2sCi0x5KdFarO86U/edit?hl=en_US

I'd be interested to know what phone app works as a chronograph by itself.

Richard3589:

--- Quote from: huntr on June 04, 2022, 02:40:32 PM ---A chronograph is essential to know what you're adjustments are doing. How else will you know what direction you're headed? Here's a guide.  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WFDife1EqVkkDQPEwRZFU6Kawki2sCi0x5KdFarO86U/edit?hl=en_US

I'd be interested to know what phone app works as a chronograph by itself.

--- End quote ---
It's called Chrono connect mobile.
 I know a Chrono is vital, but I can't afford one right now. At least, not a Caldwell.
 I would think you could tell speed wise by how and where you got at said distance but I get it chronograph is in the future.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version