GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > The Long Range Club

Mantis x10 testing

<< < (2/3) > >>

FastJ:

--- Quote from: rsterne on May 26, 2022, 12:26:53 PM ---What range does the Mantis work at?....

Bob

--- End quote ---

Range?
It just track movement before, trigger pull, fire and after. Also give recoil analysis.
Its designed action pistol, rifle, shotgun or even bow shooting analysis.

No where mentioned pcp or br shooting. so did know is it senstive enough. But looks like it is.

So for range i think there is no limit.
Attached picture of recoil analysis

rsterne:
I must not understand how it works (there is no real explanation on the website that I saw).... Does the unit that mounts on the gun have a tiny gyroscope in it?.... I kind of thought it was a laser.... I take it that it transmits the data to an App via bluetooth?....

Bob

FastJ:

--- Quote from: rsterne on May 26, 2022, 02:01:20 PM ---I must not understand how it works (there is no real explanation on the website that I saw).... Does the unit that mounts on the gun have a tiny gyroscope in it?.... I kind of thought it was a laser.... I take it that it transmits the data to an App via bluetooth?....

Bob

--- End quote ---

Not sure technically but some internal sensor. No lasers or anything external signal.
Communication BT of course

From setup highest power preset rifle was .338

Edit. Just noticed typo headline. Its Mantis. Not Matis. Cannot edit it

rsterne:

--- Quote --- Its Mantis. Not Matis. Cannot edit it
--- End quote ---

Fixed it for you!

Bob

FastJ:

--- Quote from: ER00z on May 26, 2022, 11:12:32 AM ---I haven't done much experimenting with bags, bipods and rests. I do own a set of Caldwell front and rear bags, But rarely use them for airgun use. Instead I often use a generic "X" foam rest, and a simple homemade "bag"/sack. As a filler I used 6mm plastic airsoft bb's. I found it keeps the weight down and is easy to adjust the firmness. At first it was used on top of the foam X block for springer shooting as it absorbs the shock of the shot cycle, but as I got further into pcp's it doubles as a light weight rear bag. If I go into the field for shooting, I use a simple tripod with a Y yoke or rifle mounted bipod if equipped.

As for my table surface, usually a glass table is used for airgun use when I shoot at home. I found using a sheet of masonite (also known as high density fiber board) helps for bipods/rests to get better grip, but I'm sure there are better options and don't use it often. I considered using a silicone mat, and at one point was looking at my spouses yoga mat, but knew that would not end well...

Here's a photo of the table, foam rest and bag I use along with a HW97.

The third photo was when I attempted to shoot a thumb tack at 105 yards with my Diana 54, was just joking around but had gotten much closer than I anticipated. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to repeat such a tight grouping since.

--- End quote ---

For bag filler tested also bb`s. But difference is huge for fine sand what im using now.
tested also heavy sand and rice. Sand its same what they sell for sand blasting.
I will suggest test it.

Surface for me best what worked is that foam pad.
Have now SEB rear bag. Thanks for Altaros recommend it. Before it had also home made bag from old jeans. Worked really well!
SEB is leather but inside have same fabric than seat belts. So its ment te be slip.

With that tracker tested antislip under bipod and rear bag. Not good according it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version