GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Air Archery

Air Javelin Pro

<< < (10/10)

Sosalty:
Sorry to revive this thread, wish I'd found it months ago when I was shopping for an airbow.  (I bought the Benjamin)  It took hrs and hrs to find out what I could've read in 10 min in this thread.  Great stuff!  I knew the trigger could be enhanced and estimated 3 1/2lbs smooth pull was probable. (most pcp's triggers can be reduced to about 1/3)  My concern was that every ounce of claimed power was needed to humanely drop a white tail.  Reports indicate it's not quite up to the 370fps.  Since their regulator is sealed, I don't know of any way to get the power up, unless;

The last question I have is:  If the hammer spring is long enough, I wonder if RatSniper, or someone, could just use a saw/dremel to shorten the plastic block nesting the spring.  Guess you'd have to destroy that item to test a lower spring strength.  OR, https://www.mcmaster.com/compression-springs/ try a weaker spring.  If the hammer spring is already in its' sweet spot and 350fps is it, oh well.

Umarex claims a 1500psi regulated pressure.  A slightly more robust spring within their sealed regulator chould get the pressure up to 1600psi likely yielding the power for satisfactory deer hunting (IMO).

I'm grateful for this thread; great info.  If someone could report a way for us pcp'ers to get an average 370fps = 52ft lbs, I'd buy the airjavelin pro in a heartbeat. :P

Rat Sniper (AKA: PaulT58):
Randy,  My experience was the spring adjustment didn't make any noticible difference.  I'm not sure a lighter or shorter spring would increase velocity.  Increasing the regulator pressure output would have a bigger impact. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version