GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

Crosman 160 and a Sheridan with rocker safety.

(1/2) > >>

springer:
I got two new to me ( but old) crosman/sheridan toys at the Roanoke airgun show.
Both work great. I got them together for $125.

The 160 i think is a 1st variant with a direct sear trigger, no barrel band, and a rear safety by the hammer spring.
the 160 got around 20-30 good shots on a pair of powerlets.
I have another thread going in the crosman Gate, wondering if a qb78 valve will increase her total number of shots.

The Sheridan has a rocker safety and is a bluestreak. Breech reads 669 16. Does that perchance mean she's a 66 or 69?
Does anyone have good online resources on learning about the vintage Benji/Dans.?
This is my first of many Sheridan/Benji pumpers, and I think was a great deal. She feels rock solid, and pumps with authority. Around 8 pumps really gets tough. My .20 cal ammo is on its way from pyramid air. I couldnt find .20 cal ammo at the gun show or Wally world or Dicks on the way home. I ordered some Benjiman Cylindricals and JSB Diablos for her.

lizzie:
Very nice- sounds to me like you got a good deal. :) Love the guns!

springer:
Thanks. i am loving them too.
I spent the evening stripping down the 160. Stripped the cheap black paint that had eneded up on the componenets, and then reblued the steel pieces.
These old guns sure were solid !!!!

lizzie:
Yeah, it seems to me that the old stuff was built to last- airguns included.

amb5500c:
Very cool find. Congratulations.
Richard

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version