GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > 100 Yard Match

More Difficult Match Target Poll - Closed

<< < (7/7)

Deckard1973:
Bob,

As I mentioned in another thread, late to the game, not been shooting much this year.

Just a suggestion, rather then change the target, what about a forced position? 
As I mentioned before, what about sling supported, glove, shooting mat, prone? 
Shooting jacket optional.

Perhaps its own division.

rsterne:
Neat idea, but the rules might be a bit complicated, and I'm not so sure the support would be there.... However, if somebody who is interested in seeing different positions, or even a 3-position, wants to have a Match, they could simply post one and see if anybody bites!.... I once shot in and won a 100 yd. "turkey shoot" with my .222 Remington, two shots from the bench and one standing and scored a "29".... I think the 10 was 2" (like NUAH) but the 9 was 4" (like our 8-ring).... the typical sighting targets used at rifle ranges before the "diamond" shaped targets became popular.... I did a lot of 3-position (prone, kneeling, standing) .22LR indoor when I was younger, got my "Silver Shield" doing that (45 years ago).... My knees are not up to it now....  ::)

Bob

Deckard1973:

--- Quote from: rsterne on November 25, 2021, 01:58:20 PM ---Neat idea, but the rules might be a bit complicated, and I'm not so sure the support would be there.... However, if somebody who is interested in seeing different positions, or even a 3-position, wants to have a Match, they could simply post one and see if anybody bites!.... I once shot in and won a 100 yd. "turkey shoot" with my .222 Remington, two shots from the bench and one standing and scored a "29".... I think the 10 was 2" (like NUAH) but the 9 was 4" (like our 8-ring).... the typical sighting targets used at rifle ranges before the "diamond" shaped targets became popular.... I did a lot of 3-position (prone, kneeling, standing) .22LR indoor when I was younger, got my "Silver Shield" doing that (45 years ago).... My knees are not up to it now....  ::)

Bob

--- End quote ---

I was thinking of a scaled version of NRA High Power.
Yeah, not sure many would "bite."

Someone did post NRA High Power targets scaled to 50yrds for .22.
I have them on the hard drive somewhere . . .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version