GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

Testing the "new" Haenel Suhl 312

(1/4) > >>

AirScopes:
So I took the Haenel Suhl 312 I just bought out to the 10 meter range and sighted in in 3 shots. Then reeled off 25 shots in a hole that just got a little larger here and there till it was raggedly 3/4ths round off-hand, seated. A nice smooth shooter, easy cocking, sweet trigger. Must have been lubed as it is smoking, but no real diesel smell. Quiet as a staple gun. Then I pulled out the chrony and shot a ten-string. dev. 9, low 608, high 617, sd.3 ave 613. Feels like there is some recoil damping, but I don't think there is.

I think this was a good deal... Must be overlooked?

Richard

lizzie:
Wow- sounds like a nice-shooting gun.

AirScopes:
I'm pretty happy with it for $200 shipped. Looks like it'll be easy to strip down the stock and do something fun!

I've had some trouble finding any real info on it, but I did find this which makes sense to me: "They used a multiple spring/rubber buffer recoil-suppressing system"... and this is a nice feature: "A 'sleeve' breech permits direct access to a curious loading tray, formed by cutting away the top half of the barrel, and automatically seats a pellet when the breech is closed."

More info on a translated page here:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=http://airgunlib.ru/page.php%3Fid%3D203&ei=0_97TrnCIubL0QHX6vTmDw&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=8&ved=0CEcQ7gEwBw&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhaenel%2Bsuhl%2B312%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3Dnxc%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26prmd%3Dimvns

Apparently it is interesting to take apart!

Richard

RedFeather:
Very popular Cold War guns from what I've heard.  Almost sprang for one, myself, although they don't come up that often.  Sounds like you got a great deal, too.

AirScopes:
I see a bunch of them on the eGun.de, but they never seem to come up as "international shipping". It is like they are hording them! I'm gonna get something off that auction site yet!

I like what having the 312 has done for my collection -- my signature seems to be maturing ;-)

Richard

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version