GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Wild Game Preparation and Recipes Gate

How To Skin and Clean a G-hog

(1/10) > >>

longislandhunter:
A couple of members asked me if I could put together a tutorial on how to skin and clean a g-hog.  About a week ago I shot a nice sized g-hog and I took pics of each step of my skinning and cleaning process.  I just finished editing the pics, adding step by step instructions, and they are finally ready to post.  There are a total of 12 pics, posted in step by step sequence and each with notes to explain each step.  I realize that 99% of you GTA hunters already know how to do this but hopefully this will be of some use to the members who want to try eating a g-hog they've shot but don't know how to clean it. I did the best I could with the pics.  Sorry that the instructions on the pics is so small, it looked larger when I edited the pics, but I did the best I could.  Anyway, here's the pics in proper order. 

Jeff  

wahoowad:
Thanks Jeff, very helpful. May be doing my first this weekend.

redsoxvw:
Wow, thanks for all that info Jeff. Nice pics and good descriptions. This is sweet, thanks for taking the time to post this, I will be using it as a guideline this weekend LOL........Eric

longislandhunter:
My pleasure, glad you found it useful.  One further tip.... make sure the knife you use is not to large, it should be small enough for you to manuever accurately and also make sure it's scary sharp... and I do mean scary sharp.  If you're not afraid of the blade then it's not sharp enough.  Using this technique it takes me a whole 5 minutes to completely skin a large g-hog. 

Jeff

JimH:
Very well done indeed.  A man of many talents.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version