GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

Please share your 397P, 392P, C9 information with me

(1/20) > >>

Flint:
Hey guys,  I've been collecting information on the 1985-1995 benjamin and sheridan rifles for the last several months.  My goal is to put together all this information to share with everyone.  There is much confusion and misinformation floating around especially about the early 90s time period.  I think I have a pretty well established timeline (based on actual documents) now and actually think that I have made sense of the serial numbers of the pre-crosman guns, but would like to fill in some gaps to make sure that I'm not missing something.

At this point, i've pretty much exhausted the internet, and have PMed some of you already, and thanks so much to those who have already helped!

What I would love for you to be willing to share with me is the following information about any of these guns that you may have: model, exact manufacturer stamp, exact serial number stamp (its ok if you want to give xs for the last couple digits, though I can't imagine what harm giving the serial number of an air gun would do).  Here is an example (using some of my guns) to illustrate what I would like:

Model                             exact manufacturer stamp                              exact serial number
397P                                 Benjamin Air Rifle Co                                        V063380
C9                                  Benjamin Sheridan Corp                                      W164135

Please be sure to send me exactly what is stamped on your gun.  So for example, don't say that the manufacturer is Benjamin/Sheridan, as I know that your gun is not stamped that way and there is a difference between Benjamin Sheridan Corp. and -Benjamin-Sheridan-.  Also, if you are having a hard time making out what the actually letter/numbers are on the serial number, please post a picture.   

I guess for now, only send guns marked Racine or Bloomfield but not E Bloomfield unless it is a P or C9 (without the A).

ALSO and ESPECIALLY let me know if you actually know when this gun was bought new and/or if you have the actual manual that came with that gun, and what the print date is on the back page

Depending on your serial number, I may ask you a follow up question about your gun. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH for any help that you can give!!!!!!

north country gal:
Here's ours, all 90s vintage guns

397P (in nickel)   Benjamin Air Rifle Co Racine, Wi    VO668137 (stamped)

397P  -Benjamim-Sheridan- Bloomfield N.Y. (right side, receiver) warning (near muzzle) 795700625(etched)

397P  Benjamin Sheridan  E Bloomfield NY USA (near muzzle) warning (near muzzle)  495700979 (etched)

Middle and last guns look identical. No difference, externally, still with walnut stock and metal trigger guard, tang push pull safety. Both excellent condition

Flint:
Thanks Joanie!  Sent you a PM

johnnyfoos:
My Sheridan C, (C for cannon!)
 I've only had it a couple of years,
 Pawn shop find, Not working.
 Cheap enough and started working on it's own
 After a few oiling with 30 ND and tranny sealer mix.

Left side
 4450XX
  5mm (.20 CAL.) PELLETS ONLY
   - C SERIES - MADE IN USA
  { Has an upside down stamped  "J"  on the forward left area of the breech }

Right side
 SHERIDAN PRODUCTS
 RACINE.  WIS.  53403

Has, AIR HOLE Do Not Oil under pump arm,
Drilled holes for Peep
Bent or curved bolt arm.

Hope this helps