GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > American/U.S. Air Gun Gates

Talk to me about a 2040

<< < (2/20) > >>

Hoosier Daddy:

--- Quote from: 2K1TJ on January 08, 2019, 08:43:57 PM ---You can .20 blanks directly from LW for $112. Not exactly cheap, just mentioning it because you mentioned another for $160.

And did you mean Mountain Air instead of Mellon? I didn't see any .20's on Mellon's site.

--- End quote ---

Yes I meant Mountain... Sorry, I corrected a couple posts up in the link I provided.

superchikn:

--- Quote from: Hoosier Daddy on January 06, 2019, 04:48:10 PM ---I am a Modder at heart. ::)
I've had a 2240 that progressed to a 1740 and a CCS 2300. Morphed between both pistol and Carbine. More sighting options than you can shake a stick at.
I am really impressed with the .20 cal. 'Dans I own. Both C pumpers and an F that is CO2.
The new offering from JSB in .20 made a believer out of me that this caliber is not going away any time soon.
 We should all know the stock 2240 is plenty strong for a pistol and there are tons of upgrade (rabbit hole is deep).
 I have done a search for 2040 with limited hits (2) on a .20 cal 2240, 2400, 2500 builds.
I see Mellon air has a LW .20 barrel suited for it, but at $160 for the barrel alone, that is a show stopper.
Surely there has to be an easier way.
I saw the Crosman SSP was available with a .20 liner, but those are scarce as hens teeth.
 Thinking an old Streak with barrel separation maybe a good donor?

Any help , recommendations or advice is appreciated.

--- End quote ---

Hey Daddy,

When i bought my SSP new all those years ago I only got a .177 barrel with mine.  I don't think I knew what was available then but I sure wish I had blindly bumbled into the triple caliber set which was available.

At any rate i have been thinking of getting a .22 barrel but a .20 might be really awesome on this gun.  So you have got my attention.

If worse comes to worse maybe we could split a blank,  I only need 12" +/-.

Hoosier Daddy:
There's a thought.
 Thanks Ray.

fivestar45:

--- Quote from: Hoosier Daddy on January 09, 2019, 07:03:46 AM ---There's a thought.
 Thanks Ray

A few years ago  I bought a .20 L/W barrel from Alex (http://airgunartisans.com/AApneumaticforays.htm) at that time he had several they were about 18" and the best part was they were 7/16" O D. Back then he was getting $75.00 for them. You would still need to cut to length and add the T/P. As for a bolt, usually you can get by with a .177 and add a slightly larger o ring.
--- End quote ---

anti-squirrel:
You're going there...

I've considered the Weirauch barrels too, but it is a high cost of entry.  Still... a 2040 :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version