Thank you to our advertisers!

Author Topic: Got My 362 Today :- )  (Read 3026 times))

Offline Back_Roads

• I Got A 10 Pump BB Gun :) BB Guns Got Much More Complicated :)
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • 1st Edition Crosman 760 Pump Master
    • Back_Roads Airgunning
Re: Got My 362 Today :- )
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2022, 01:28:24 AM »
 Good to see some crony numbers, and nice shooting there Wayne, I have not had a chance to shoot mine through the crony or test ammo any more than just a few so far, have other projects in the works, though I do take a few shots with it most every day :)
  • Wisconsin Collins ;Hunters Paradise; Theres a Sign in town to prove it :)
(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3hMPAjvTtuu7DoNzBZzuKQ?view_as=subscriber
 Below is a collection of helpful airgun videos
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLASJo4rBxMImx-kNnbppkIBV86G5Yentf

Offline Wayne52

• GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2022, 01:42:59 AM »
James I figured I do the video and publish it because there's absolutely nothing else on youtube about it yet.  Most promoters could give a rip about the consumers, all they want to do is line their pockets from advertising !!!
  • Michigan
HHDSUPCOM Cam Rahn Bay VN 71-72

My F10 Shoebox rocks 8)

Online EdinGa

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2022, 07:53:44 AM »
I don't think Crosman wants it promoted yet. It looks like the enthusiast crowd from a certain airgun forum is buying them faster than they can make them.  ;D
  • Gray, Ga

Online Spooner

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2022, 09:20:43 AM »
James I figured I do the video and publish it because there's absolutely nothing else on youtube about it yet.  Most promoters could give a rip about the consumers, all they want to do is line their pockets from advertising !!!
Great video Wayne and very nice shooting!  ;D
  • Ohio

Online avator

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Happiness is a warm airgun... -Lennon Modded-
« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2022, 09:25:06 AM »
Yep.... word of mouth can make or break ya.
A person that gets a good product, good support and  good price will sometimes tell his buddies about it.
A person that gets over charged, no communication and a hunk of junk will scream at the top of his lungs so everyone can hear.
  • From deep within the Rabbit Hole, Alabama

Offline wll2506

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2022, 02:41:58 PM »
Out early this am getting ready for "The Canned Corn Experience" (No, Jimi Hendrix is not part of this experience).

Anyway :-), set up the Walmart corn can at 22 long paces for a good clean shot. Pumped my C362 up 3 times - loaded her up with a 28.5gr Seneca Dome ------

The Seneca Dome put a dent and small hole in the back, it barely did a through and through with 3 pumps at ~20 yards - still OK -- ---- I'm impressed with the the downrange power with just 3 pumps. With this info, I have no reservations on using 5 pumps at short range (25 yards) for Pigeons, Rabbits, Squirrel --- and 3 pumps with this heavy pellet for 15-20 yard shots --- what about keeping 3 pumps in the gun when walking around and pump the extra 2 or 4 pumps depending on range or maybe size of animal. With 3 pumps the Seneca Dome is going out at ~340fps (7 shots ranged from 339-342fps, very consistant) ?

Still enough power with three pumps for 15-20 yard Pigeons, Starlings and Rabbits ! At this velocity it still has 6.5+ fpe at 20 yards, ---and pretty much the same momentum as a 650 fps gun shooting Crosman 14.3gr. pellets. Pretty impressive -- AND THAT IS 3 LOUSY PUMPS !!!

-----------------------------------------

Now the down side -- I'm sighted in with 7 pumps, but with 3 or 5 pumps and at 20 - 25 yards YOU MUST KNOW your hold over. Once you know that, your golden --- of course if I pump to 7 pumps I'm good to ~35 yards (Sighted in at 30yds). As an example I'm ~3" low at 20yds with 3 pumps ! You got to know your mil dots and make a note. Knowing this you (I) may want to stick to using 5 pumps as a stand by every day power level :-)

For me, this gun/ammo combination is really a very good self contained short/medium small game hunters dream.

Pic of the Can Below :

Again, very pleased with this ammo and gun combination.

wll
  • Ca.

Offline wll2506

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2022, 02:44:08 PM »
@Wayne52,

Thank you for the info, nice shooting and nice reporting ;-)

wll
  • Ca.

Offline wll2506

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2022, 04:12:31 PM »
I go to my office to do some testing as I dont feel like going in the boonies today. I want to see how much faster four pumps will push the Domes as I would like a little bit flatter shooting and a bit more energy then 3 pumps--- and I got it

4 pumps gave me about ~380fps with these heavies, that is about 40 fps faster than 3 pumps -- and with the weight of these pellets that means a lot. The extra speed gives me about 8fpe at 25 yards and over 7.5fpe at 35 yards !! -- That works ----- With this amount of energy/momentum and an easy 4 pumps Im good with just about anything I will shoot at within the 15-25+ yard range.

Since 4 pumps with this gun is easy, 4 pumps will probable be my short range power set up. At this power setting I am about one mil dot low at 20 yards from my 5 pump setting. I think what I will probably do is get a solid 25 yard setting with 5 pumps, and set my 4 and 7 pump setting with the mil dots, set solidly at 5 power so everything remains the same.

The extra pumps are more needed for elevation than power, as with 4 pumps and sighted in at 20 yards --- Im 1.25 low at 25 yards, 3 low at 30 yards and ~ 6 low at 35 yards. This is not a flat shooting set up for sure :- ) But it does hit like a ton of bricks :- ) Yes 4 pumps is for short range stuff.

Later guys,

wll
  • Ca.

Online EdinGa

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2022, 04:24:46 PM »
I go to my office to do some testing as I dont feel like going in the boonies today. I want to see how much faster four pumps will push the Domes as I would like a little bit flatter shooting and a bit more energy then 3 pumps--- and I got it

4 pumps gave me about ~380fps with these heavies, that is about 40 fps faster than 3 pumps -- and with the weight of these pellets that means a lot. The extra speed gives me about 8fpe at 25 yards and over 7.5fpe at 35 yards !! -- That works ----- With this amount of energy/momentum and an easy 4 pumps Im good with just about anything I will shoot at within the 15-25+ yard range.

Since 4 pumps with this gun is easy, 4 pumps will probable be my short range power set up. At this power setting I am about one mil dot low at 20 yards from my 5 pump setting. I think what I will probably do is get a solid 25 yard setting with 5 pumps, and set my 4 and 7 pump setting with the mil dots, set solidly at 5 power so everything remains the same.

The extra pumps are more needed for elevation than power, as with 4 pumps and sighted in at 20 yards --- Im 1.25 low at 25 yards, 3 low at 30 yards and ~ 6 low at 35 yards. This is not a flat shooting set up for sure :- ) But it does hit like a ton of bricks :- ) Yes 4 pumps is for short range stuff.

Later guys,

wll

That sounds promising for sure. I'm planning to try my 30gr BBTs with mine too.
  • Gray, Ga

Offline wll2506

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2022, 04:57:56 PM »

Later guys,

wll

That sounds promising for sure. I'm planning to try my 30gr BBTs with mine too.

I have not had any luck with slugs in mine.. if you do, let me know the size, I think I might need .219+. I have tried everything smaller in my 392's and it is a no go ! i tried .218 in this gun and it was lousy accuracy !

If I could find a slug that worked, that would be heaven --- a heavy pellet and a great BC, so downrange energy would be fantastic.

wll

• Ca.

Online EdinGa

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2022, 05:13:39 PM »
I'll post my results as soon as I can. I think I've got some assorted NSA and Griffin slugs at home too.
  • Gray, Ga

Offline Flatpicker

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2022, 05:58:29 PM »
I have shot the NOE 217 24 slugs that I cast.  They drop about .218 and with 8 pumps they are flying 515 to 520 f/s. Ten pumps - 550. (Yeah, I know, its an eight pump gun)  Got 2 1/8 groups at 50 yards.  Only shot two 5 shot groups with them when I first got my 362 just to see how they did.  Yes, 50 yards is a big stretch for this gun but its where my bullet trap is from my barn and Im too lazy to move it or myself closer.  FWIW, Crosman 14.3s grouped just slightly better.  I think any squirrel within 30-35 yards would be taking a dirt nap.  For the money this is a great little pumper.
  • NW Missouri
Diana Model 48 22 cal
PRod
22 MRod
25 MRod
AF Texan
177 MROD
Diana Model 34 22 cal
Kral Puncher Breaker Marine (22 cal)
Gamo Urban
Taipan Veteran .25
SPA P15 (Disguised as a Diana Skyhawk in laminate)
Raptor Mini - .22
Raptor - .25
Diana Model 460 .22 cal
Walther Maximathor .25 (Max)

Online EdinGa

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2022, 06:14:08 PM »
My BBT mold is .217, but I can't remember how they drop. I do know that my Prod likes them and shoots them well out to 50 yards. It doesn't seem to matter that they're only running 450 fps.
  • Gray, Ga

Offline Wayne52

• GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2022, 07:38:54 PM »
Eddie those BBT's in hollowpoint are really nice out of the gun in my signature (Xisico Sentry) doing about 800fps, very accurate too.
  • Michigan

My F10 Shoebox rocks 8)

Online EdinGa

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2022, 09:42:01 PM »
Eddie those BBT's in hollowpoint are really nice out of the gun in my signature (Xisico Sentry) doing about 800fps, very accurate too.

I don't have anything that will push them that fast, but they are accurate for me from 450 up to 630 fps. It's a great design.
  • Gray, Ga

Offline Back_Roads

• GTA Senior Contributor
    • Back_Roads Airgunning
« Reply #95 on: January 17, 2022, 12:10:45 AM »
 I'm going to have to test some boat tails yet, tested 9 factory pellets today, the best were Metal and poly mags, followed by Air Arms 16 gr. Most others were just not single hole, and had some fliers.

Offline Wayne52

• GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #96 on: January 17, 2022, 02:02:50 AM »
I shoot the BBT occasionally out of my co2 pistols even, they seem to really like them but they do have quite and arc if you shoot them any distance however they stay right on center.
  • Michigan

My F10 Shoebox rocks 8)

Offline Tater

• GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Insert creative saying here
« Reply #97 on: January 17, 2022, 03:14:29 AM »
Out early this am getting ready for "The Canned Corn Experience" (No, Jimi Hendrix is not part of this experience).

Clean up in aisle 3, canned goods.

• NW suburbs of Chicago
Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10 .177, DonnyFL Sumo ldc - For sale   
.22 Disco/Maximus mix, Rocker1 ldc
Gamo Hornet .177
1377, steel breech, TKO, 12" barrel, R. Arms Innovations AR stock

Offline Back_Roads

• GTA Senior Contributor
    • Back_Roads Airgunning
« Reply #98 on: January 17, 2022, 12:44:29 PM »
 Please stop sniping the canned corn from the produce section, we really can still see you with the ghillie suit on  >:(

Offline wll2506

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2022, 04:01:01 PM »
If I can get home early enough today I will test or accuracy at about 17 yards with .217 and .218 NSA slugs.

I have in stock and some AVS 219.3's, but I would love the NSA's to work as they are way less expensive than the AVS, yet the AVS are very, very nice slugs indeed.

IF and only IF I can get the NSA's to group at a decent velocity I will stop shooting Seneca 28.5gr Domes as the slugs will have a much greater BC (~.080) and will require NO sizing and cleaning !!

wll
  • Ca.