Saber Tactical
New England Airgun
Umarex Airguns
Contact us
Utah Airguns
SEKHMET Airgun Accessories
Freedom Gun Targets
Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop

Author Topic: Move along...  (Read 4746 times))

GungaDin

Move along...
« on: March 12, 2012, 02:26:40 PM »
What, no shooting events in Massachusetts, shocking, just shocking!
Nothing to see here folks, just move along. Get an espresso from starbucks on your way out...
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 02:03:55 PM by jonnnyboy »

Rcoolbaugh

Re: Move along...
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 05:18:41 PM »
We're not ALL anti gun, bleeding heart liberals ....

GungaDin

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 06:39:17 PM »
We're not ALL anti gun, bleeding heart liberals ....
Lol, I know I'm not the ONLY one from Mass not like that, but the state is so incredibly gunowner hostile that sometimes it feels like it.

Offline 21grains

• Plinker
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 07:26:20 PM »
GungrDin, Where in Mass. are You, Do You Hunt,BR,FT,or Plink. I'm near Bass Pro Shop, Rt. 1 Foxboro,I do Airgun's, any kind.....Franky
  • SE-Mass.

GungaDin

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 09:04:05 PM »
Hey,

I live a little outside of the Boston area. I don't have any kind of gun permit, I find the process of begging the cops to get it, then having to register in a new town like a sex offender odious in the extreme, so I just shoot air guns which are not covered by Mass gun laws.

The stupid state won't give you a hunting license with no firearms license so that leaves hunting out even though airguns can certainly take out small game. I have a target trap set up in my small studio where I shoot short range air pistol, around 5M

I friend of mine has a huge backyard in Wrentham so I may go there some time to get a little more distance, although even my more accurate 1377 is still not a long range shooter by any means, and the daisy powerline 201 is strictly a can plinker. That gun gets a lot of neg publicity cause it's a cheapie, but it really is a lot of fun(and cheap, it shoots bbs) to shoot if you don't expect Olympic accuracy out of it. I shoot at silhouette targets like the cops  use when shooting it at my apartment, at 5M it will group tight enough to stay in the chest area of a target printed on letter sized paper. The 1377 is of course much more accurate.

edited for language
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 02:04:42 PM by jonnnyboy »

Offline waterdogs

• Shooter
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 01:19:12 PM »
Getting a hunting permit is no problem without a firearms licence. Do a hunter safety course at a local rod and gun club and you will be able to get a hunting licence. I lost my LTC but was still able to go hunting and obtain a licence. I had to shoot archery only for a couple of years until I could get my FID again. Since then I have taken out my air rifles in the past few years for small game. You don't have to do any "sucking" with the police for an FID card. It is a "shall issue" licence for low cap rifle and shotgun as long as you are not a convicted felon ie "sex offender" etc. or have a restraining order against you the chief in your town can not deny you an FID card. I know, I live in Worcester, one of the hardest places to get a licence if you ever had any troubles in your past. I had problems 12 years ago pertaining to firearms but I am still able to get my FID. I think you need to research more before giving up so easy. It is a pain in the @@@ state for gun owners but not impossible as you would seem to believe. Do yourself a favor and join a club. If you are a serious gun owner or want to be one then stand up for your rights. Don't just complain about them. We are all in the same boat here. Join the NRA and GOAL and get involved. If you just want to shoot air guns that is fine too. I did it for the past 12 years so I could stay proficient with shooting. Finding a place to shoot is top priority. I live in the city so I had to join a club. No big deal and it gives me a nice place to shoot legally. I do have an indoor range set up for 10 and 20 meter shooting but that is more for winter months. A club will open more opportunities for you to shoot and find others with the same interests. It all depends on you. If you are really serious about shooting you will do what ever it takes. Do some more research first before you convince yourself it is impossible.
  • Worcester, Massachusetts
AAtx200hc, AA410sl, Falcon CS, Airforce Condor, Diana 48 .22, Diana 48 .177, Gamo Dynamax, Maurader .177, Maurader .22 x2, Prod, Discovery .177, Challenger 2009, Hammerli 850 .177, Crosmods 1377, Drozd Blackbird, Aeron Chameleon, IZH46, Daisy 777, Daisy 717, RWS LP8, S&W 586, Crosman 1322, Crosman 357

GungaDin

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 06:32:21 PM »
Getting a hunting permit is no problem without a firearms licence.

You are 100% right, I admit my error. I thought I had posted a correction but that must have been either somewhere else or a brain fart. Sry about that, the state IS more reasonable on that issue than I thought. I do now have a Mass hunting license although I haven't used it for anything yet. When I was over my friends place in Wrentham a few weeks back I didn't see a living thing, probably as it was so wet hot out it actually hurt to pick up the air guns from the bench they were on. Still had fun shooting at cans though.

Offline MassGunman

• Plinker
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 09:20:52 AM »
I live in spfld near S.t.c.c., any airgunner out there? Shoot me an email , lioking for a shooting buddie for plinking targets hunting or just talkin airguns
  • SPRINGFIELD MASS.
.22 Disco
.22 P-Rod w/ folding stock
.357 Rex carbine