GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > Target Shooting Discussion Gate

First CO2 target pistol

(1/2) > >>

pricelessppp:
Hi y’all! It figures out that it isn’t worth the hassle to get into PCP’s I’m looking for a fun 25 feet target plinker. I’m either choosing between the Diana Air bug and or 2240XL. I’m looking for something that preforms good and that makes good groups up to 25 feet. Also I’m looking for a set up that I can shoot with a shoulder stock. Any recommendations for under 150$?

Back_Roads:
 The Air bug is the best of the 2 more of everything for the $, the Chaser kit is another option, and the wood target grips can be bought separately from some other vendors.
https://www.airgundepot.com/diana-chaser-pellet-pistol-rifle-kit.html#AGD-46139001
https://airgunarcheryfun.ca/air-rifle-parts/

Since I was on WesBob's site I ordered a moderator for my Airtimes M-11  ;D 8)

Random Plinker:
The Diana Airbug looks suspiciously like an Mrod Airmax I purchased a few years ago imported from China for cheap (the Airmax grip lacked finger grooves, but it is other wise the spitting image of the Airbug).  If the Diana branded import version fixes the sight elevation so it can be adjusted to point of aim, it's not a bad action and pistol.  The trigger release is quite nice.  The momentum/mass that moves after the trigger breaks is a bit disconcerting though. That said, my groups were pretty good with that trigger - wrong elevation even adjusted as far as the rear sight would adjust mind you (by at least an inch or two  - it really was that bad LOL), but the groups weren't bad.  I have to admit I rather liked the Mrod Airmax once I got used to aiming it all wrong ;-)

You can add not too much more coin and go with a Crosman custom shop 2300 variant that will be a step up from a 2240.  The stock trigger on the Crosman is creepy and rough, but there are some super replacement after market sears to be found that fix that.  Just another option to consider if you haven't made your selection yet.

Wayne52:
I bought the same one Random Plinker, it's a great gun and I've gotten some good use from it, especially soon after I bought it, I basically eradicated many red squirrels in my back yard soon after I bought it.

Hoppalong Doc:
        I've got a Sig Saur P320 pellet gun that I enjoy very much. It came with a 30 round magazine which tends to jam, so I purchased the 20 round which is much more reliable. I shoot it at 30 feet and find it to be a blast to shoot. It's ergonomics are great for my somewhat large hands. This is a replica made by Sig. I paid $119 for it a year ago from Pyramyd Airguns.  Orv.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version