Saber Tactical
New England Airgun
Umarex Airguns
Contact us
Utah Airguns
SEKHMET Airgun Accessories
Freedom Gun Targets
Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop

Author Topic: Athlon Neos 4-12x40 Just arrived  (Read 212 times))

Offline Hypervelocity 1

• Mr. Recoil
  • Plinker
Athlon Neos 4-12x40 Just arrived
« on: July 23, 2021, 09:48:13 PM »
  I just received the Athlon Neos 4-12x40 sfp center X  etched reticle with side parallax. The scope looks great. It has a forever lifetime warranty. It came with an non see through scope cover with flat side bands. A small cleaning cloth, and a very nice color manual that seems useful. It explains the 3 different reticles and sub tensions.
  We're gonna give her the torture test starting tomorrow with at least 3 mule kickers! The scope is supposed to have a high recoil rating for everything including springer type airguns. I will give an update after some hard rounds have gone by.
The scope is just under 13" long and is fairly light for as robust as it's claims. if it holds up, definite keeper. The glass is incredibly pristine. The shot I took through the iphone was about 500 yards and at about 7:45 pm. It was also on 6 power. It's as nice a view as anything else I have including all my 30 mm scopes. Maybe better. It is a 1 tube.
                   Till net time. Shoot safe,
                    God Bless,
                    Mike
  • Youngstown,Ohio  U.S.A.
With God all things are possible.

Offline A moron

• Expert
  • yes
Re: Athlon Neos 4-12x40 Just arrived
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 10:28:48 PM »
I got a Talos.   Had to use a high mount due to the gas fill plug on the bottom  .  It stuck out too far .   Maybe fine on a 2 piece rings?   Just check that clearance with your rings/ mount

It's been an n a jackhammer Gamo and r9

It was well high shot count under the Gamo.  I mean a lot

• Florida (aka lower Alabama) usa

Offline Hypervelocity 1

• Mr. Recoil
  • Plinker
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2021, 10:59:40 PM »
  thanks Deeco, I will definitely check that out.

Offline A moron

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 11:09:12 PM »
I had pictures to show on my old device but ran it over with tractor and could not recover anything from it.

Outside of that plug it works on a springer so far for me .   Amazing athlon don't make or have a sunshade or sidewheel direct fit from them for one. Go figure?

Offline Hypervelocity 1

• Mr. Recoil
  • Plinker
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2021, 08:38:30 AM »
 I think that if they (Athlon) sees that their products are taking off by the Airgun world, then they will more than likely accommodate those types of products we like and need hopefully. I also think that a few letters or avenues of communication to Athlon reps. would also move things along. I will try in the near future to gather up some names and links to the right persons that may be able to get some action going. If they see some interest, you never know. We (airgun people) are a large source of sales for what we like. All a company has to do is beat the others to the punch.
   But I totally agree with you Deeco. A sunshade and a side wheel would truly come in handy, especially when my range aims to the west. That means for me , optimal clarity comes from daylight till about 3 pm this time of year. If I shoot after that time I have to use a hat to block the sun without a scope shade. 
 The only catch for all this is that usually when a company realizes that they have the consumers sold, prices rise. We shall see. For now I'm going to enjoy these more than fair priced optics while the getting is good.

Offline A moron

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2021, 09:42:13 AM »
I was looking at the neos and then the Talos went on a sale so I just grabbed it .

On the wheel I seen some make something like a utg wheel work or something . I never tried it .

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/side-wheel-for-the-athlon-talos/

Just do not know about the neos.   Cause some model got sonshade and wheel  the link ke Talos don't and they don't CrossFit each other I guess.

I email led lights hem about a month ago on this and was told there planing on more accessories  for models like Talos .  Who knows.

Offline Hypervelocity 1

• Mr. Recoil
  • Plinker
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2021, 11:08:23 PM »
The side turret on mine is nice and smooth. No problems. Glad of that. But did you see the wheels that this place makes for Athlon scopes? They seem a little pricey, but if you need and want it. Here's the link scope-werks.com   You are supposed to send them an email with your scope model if yours is not listed.

Offline Hypervelocity 1

• Mr. Recoil
  • Plinker
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2021, 11:48:50 PM »
Also check this out at Amazon

Offline A moron

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2021, 12:19:11 PM »
Mine pretty stiff and sweaty hands can be tough to turn. It needs something to help for sure.

That you show above maybe ok . I don't need to put tape and markings on one for my use . Just something easy to grab and turn it.

Offline Kragman1

• Wish I were here....
  • Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2021, 03:35:10 PM »
So Deeco - how many shots has it lasted, and on what kind of gun?

C'mon, spill the beans....  The suspense is killing me!  ha ha!
  • USA

Offline A moron

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2021, 03:36:03 PM »
So Deeco - how many shots has it lasted, and on what kind of gun?

C'mon, spill the beans....  The suspense is killing me!  ha ha!

Shot count? Lol... Lots,   man how many tins of 500  and some days 500 a day. I had it for a year now but do swap it between guns and open sight shooting as well.

Main rifle it's on is a Gamo whisper fusion mach 1 .22

I did send it in and that went as well as expected  , quick turnaround.

Then found out it was the ring caps  aluminum crushing/ compressing. Under the screws head. ( You know that high grade china aircraft aluminum) .    So??

I can't complain on it seeing it's held up under the Gamo where 4 scopes had failed Pryor.

You know when n the end on springers it holds up or it don't / any brand.. anyway so far so good.

I busted my old device with all my old pictures bit I got this one of it on the gamo. And pellets supply on the bench ( full and empty not including empty tins elsewhere Like shop ,down range to shoot at or been thrown in trash )

« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 03:43:40 PM by A moron »

Offline Kragman1

• Wish I were here....
  • Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2021, 03:49:14 PM »
Thank you Deeco.

It sounds like it would hold up fine on my 18 ft/lb RWS 94, and still be fairly small and light (12", 16oz according to Athlon).
More magnification too.

Looks like its a legit option vs the Hawke AirMax line, or the bargain scopes.
  • USA

Offline A moron

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2021, 03:56:09 PM »
Thank you Deeco.

It sounds like it would hold up fine on my 18 ft/lb RWS 94, and still be fairly small and light (12", 16oz according to Athlon).
More magnification too.

Looks like its a legit option vs the Hawke AirMax line, or the bargain scopes.

No.. it's heavy.  More like 20 oz scope.  If you read costumer reviews on it you will see that said..  it ain't a lite scope

Offline A moron

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2021, 04:05:48 PM »
"and it is standing up well on my spring air rifle which is notorious for tearing up the toughest of them"

"Clear glass and nice reticle. The scope weighs 587 grams or 20.5 oz. 25 % more than advertised."

https://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/B01APT0H3U/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_paging_btm_2?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews&pageNumber=2

Now don't think I'm promoting or recommending,. It's just so far so good for me...

Offline Kragman1

• Wish I were here....
  • Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2021, 07:12:35 PM »
Thanks again Deeco.

20 is pushing it.  The 94 on the light side and I dont want to make it top heavy. 

Decisions... Decisions...
  • USA

Offline A moron

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2021, 07:41:06 PM »
Thanks again Deeco.

20 is pushing it.  The 94 on the light side and I dont want to make it top heavy. 

Decisions... Decisions...

Ya, I joke on the  Gamo with it's recoil reducing rail that puts it up higher a tad it feels top heavy..   on the R9 not so much   I guess non factor on it .   I guess on the bench it's not bad but if you toted in the woods all day you may feel it .

I guess the weight on the bench helps absorbs some recoil jump.  I'm just assuming that like a good target rifle is heavy  or whatever thick bull barreled.

You know my saying is " you buy, you try , and hope it don't make you cry...".    I've wiped some tears away on " better" stuff as well as junk..