Saber Tactical
New England Airgun
Umarex Airguns
Contact us
Utah Airguns
SEKHMET Airgun Accessories
Freedom Gun Targets
Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop

Author Topic: CP PLT 3-12x44 question  (Read 137 times))

Offline Spooner

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
CP PLT 3-12x44 question
« on: July 08, 2021, 12:26:24 PM »
i have 5 of these scopes mounted on everything from a 1377 to a Ruger 10/22. i love them and they are great scopes for the price. the one mounted on my 1377 is the one in question. i noticed yesterday while outside shooting targets that it has spots on the inside of the objective lens. i am guessing it is where condensation formed and dried. it has been really hot here and i am guessing that going from an air conditioned environment to outside in the heat is what caused it. i tend to leave it out there in the shade for most of the day when i am shooting to keep it conditioned to the temperature.

Crosman said that my only option was to send it in for replacement, but this one is out of warranty. it doesnt seem to affect the "view" when using it and it is very accurate, dead on target actually.

there is a locking ring that holds the objective lens in place. would it be safe to remove that ring, clean the lens, then put it back in without damaging the scope? i dont know anything about how these are assembled so figured i better ask beforehand.

also, what is the best way to get these scopes (any scope) climatized properly when going from cold to hot or vice versa? i do not want this to happen to the other four.

thanks!  ;)
  • Ohio

Offline Roadworthy

• Honorary GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
Re: CP PLT 3-12x44 question
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 01:14:36 PM »
Unless things have changed Center Point scopes carry a lifetime warranty.  During the first year with proof of purchase you pay shipping to send in the scope and they return it free.  After that there is a $10 charge for return shipping.  See if you get a different answer from Center Point.  They are owned by Crosman but I think they're run as a separate business.
  • Near the Southern Coast of Washington State
Real knowledge is knowing the extent of one's ignorance.

Offline Spooner

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 01:46:57 PM »
Unless things have changed Center Point scopes carry a lifetime warranty.  During the first year with proof of purchase you pay shipping to send in the scope and they return it free.  After that there is a $10 charge for return shipping.  See if you get a different answer from Center Point.  They are owned by Crosman but I think they're run as a separate business.
Thanks Thomas...
Archer and CP are a different division. she didnt mention anything about lifetime warranty but the user manual does say limited lifetime.

i am pretty sure i caused this and i have to be honest about that. shipping charges, time the gun will be down, probably will have some cost involved with its repair or replacement since i have no idea when i bought this one... probably half the cost of the scope would be my guess? i will keep an eye out for a good deal on one of these, eBay or amazon have them on occasion. it still works fine, just looks like bad.  ;)
  • Ohio

Offline Spooner

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2021, 02:11:01 PM »
okay, disregard, so im an idiot! :o
i put on my jewelers headset and got a closer look at this. it was on the outside and it was like hard water stains. it took some hard rubbing with lens cleaner and a lens cloth but i finally got the spots off. sorry for the false alarm folks.
  • Ohio

Offline Badduck

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2021, 07:48:07 AM »
I just received my scope yesterday the same thing bottom center blurry spot. I will try cleaning it today
  • USA, PA,  Stroudsburg