Saber Tactical
New England Airgun
Umarex Airguns
Contact us
Utah Airguns
SEKHMET Airgun Accessories
Freedom Gun Targets
Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop

Author Topic: 4 new target racks  (Read 511 times))

Offline A moron

• Expert
  • yes
4 new target racks
« on: December 30, 2020, 04:10:47 PM »
Looking at a pile of junk from old jobs around the shop I was going to load it up and seen some use from some of it

Old 1/2 smashed cow panels and junk steel from reskinning my bush hog
 One for 20-30-40 and 50 yard. Holds steel spinner type or paper/ cardboard targets  ,bean can, pop bottle, just hang whatever as you feel fit and shoot it.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 04:14:13 PM by A moron »
  • Florida (aka lower Alabama) usa

Offline gamo2hammerli

• GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
Re: 4 new target racks
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 04:47:13 PM »
Good idea...and you've the space for it.  I only have a 2' x 2' box with telephone books inside as a backstop.
Airguns Forever
2013 Starling count: 13, Grackel count: 02
2012 Starling count: 16,   Grackel count: 01,  Mouse count: 3
2011 Starling count: 38

Offline A moron

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 05:04:33 PM »
I use that clip to put cardboard or paper cut to the steel size in front of the steel as a backstop also if I need big paper to check wild shots I use 50# paper feed sack it's 3 ply cut it along each edge and the bottom and that size paper fits them tacks near perfect with a clothespin at each corner.   I don't have one cut yet to show right off hand.

Offline A moron

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2020, 05:41:13 PM »
I cut a feed sack and hung it on a rack.  1 feed sack = 6 papers

Online lizzie

• Administrator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2020, 07:37:16 PM »
I use cattle panel for almost ALL my targets. It is great for suspending beer bottle caps from, easy to attach paper targets to, with plastic or metal clips, easy to move around the range, for shooting different distances, and they last forever!
  • USA, TX, DFW
"Every morning in Africa, a Gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a Lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest Gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a Lion or a Gazelle... when the sun comes up, you'd better be running." -anonymous

Offline A moron

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2020, 07:46:43 PM »
I use cattle panel for almost ALL my targets. It is great for suspending beer bottle caps from, easy to attach paper targets to, with plastic or metal clips, easy to move around the range, for shooting different distances, and they last forever!

Sounds like you know the deal...

Between what I had and 4 more plus tree limb hangers I got plenty to shoot at .

These as you see got steel spinner type my first ones did not just steel on wire swinging  clips for cardboard/paper , but time to time I'd shoot the wire or clip and wound them a bit. Then it not like I got rolls of electrical fence wire to use.

Sad thing is now the weather going bad and I can only look at them for a day or 2  😢.  Then I got'em done and after clean up I had to start cooking so not even a trial shot to test.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 07:52:10 PM by A moron »

Online lizzie

• Administrator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2020, 08:07:12 PM »
Yeah, no shooting here for a few days either. The first "real" weather front seems to be heading in.
  • USA, TX, DFW
"Every morning in Africa, a Gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a Lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest Gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a Lion or a Gazelle... when the sun comes up, you'd better be running." -anonymous

Offline A moron

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2020, 08:48:21 AM »
Yeah, no shooting here for a few days either. The first "real" weather front seems to be heading in.

Lol... Ya I seen it was like 70 in dallas but 54 here. Looks like 2 good days of rain and 3 cool then a slight warm up with full sun. 

Hard to have something new to shoot at and all I can do for a few days is wish I could

I think next is go to harbor freight and get a cheap canopy. For slight rain days to shot under  .  Hard to shoot out of the shop or barn cause I got to keep moving things out of the way as projects and what not pops up.   Just something dedicated  and easy to take down if high wind or something shows up and some added shade

Something like this

https://www.harborfreight.com/automotive/automotive-accessories/portable-canopies-garages/10-ft-x-10-ft-slant-leg-pop-up-canopy-62899.html