Saber Tactical
New England Airgun
Umarex Airguns
Contact us
Utah Airguns
SEKHMET Airgun Accessories
Freedom Gun Targets
Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop

Author Topic: The 4th S.W. Ohio Fun shoot, July 23rd  (Read 22792 times))

Offline darryl

• Expert
Re: The 4th S.W. Ohio Fun shoot, July 23rd
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2011, 09:40:32 PM »
+1 for what Dave said. Great group of guys, and some great airguns. It was the place to be, though that heat was vicious.

Bad news. I failed in capturing the meet on my little i-pod. I  guess the heat made me dopey. I could not believe it.

Special thanks to Gary and Jay for helping me sort out the P-rod and the Scout. Some tuning and some expert sighting-in for sure.

We should take Tracy up on his offer to have a meet at his place. Lots of shade, he said. ;)

Well, I've been soaking in a tub of cool water, and now I feel human again.  8)    
Preserve the Peace. Don't fart in a crowded elevator.
My Guns:  Parker-Hale Phoenix Under-lever Under lever multi-shot/.22, .177 Crosman 1701P target pistol (in a Crosman carbine stock, and shrouded) Taipan Mutant Short in .22

Offline trapshooter

• Shooter
  • When you pray for rain say Amen with a hoe!
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2011, 12:03:54 PM »
Thanks for thinking of me. I wasn't sure I made the right call but I guess my wife made the right call. Would give anything to see and shoot that Daystate. Having trouble with my Shoebox so I am back to Springers until I can get things sorted out. You can count on me for the Fall. Good wishes from Chillicothe.
AA TX 200
Hamerli 850
Quest 1000
Crossman 357
AA S500
Crossman 1377
Browning Buckmark
Beeman P17

Offline Jay

• AIN'T THIS A GREAT PLACE TO BE!!!
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • "Non Timebo Mala"
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2011, 12:48:16 PM »
We sure did miss ya GaryII, but believe me the HEAT kicked all our butts, think we gabbed more than shot LOL.
 Guy's THANK EVERYONE FOR ANOTHER GREAT TIME and can't wait for #5, we are growing each time with more shooters(we would of been at 15 shooter's if all had made it this time).
 To Steve(gearsanguns) everyone says Thanks for letting us get our grubby hand's on your sweet Daystate!!!!!
N.R.A. ENDOWMENT,N.R.A./I.L.A.,G.O.A. LIFE, N.R.A. Instructor For C.C.W.,ALL FIREARM'S & RELOADING /No Free Man Shall Ever Be Debarred The Use Of Arm's (Thomas Jefferson).   Sheridan's "52" Silver, "79" Silver, "80" Blue, BAM-51 .22, Benji Mrod #31 .22, Benji Trail NP XL .177/.22, Gamo Whisper .177, Beeman RS2 .177/.22, Crosman 1377 .177, B-3-1 AK .177. FIREARM's Far more than I need NOT as many as I want.(More AG's to come I'm sure).

Offline gene_sc

• Deceased
  • Media
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • GTA A Cut Above The Rest- In God We Trust
    • CharlieDaTuna
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2011, 02:59:27 PM »
Jay, sure glad your Fun Shoot turned out good. They are always fun and I love meeting new peeple and playin wiff there bb guns...:)

For sure each year brings in new faces and more fish stories:) Guess David and me are gonna have to make it up there one day. But first we will have to ship some food to live on. Grits, pinto beans, cornbread, hog head cheese and stuff to make some southern low counttry boil.

Yankee's don't eat right....:)

« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 03:14:31 PM by gene_sc »
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH:   HW-97K,  Crosman Kantana, CZ-200, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery,  Remington NPSS .177, Crosman Venom, Crosman RamQuest, Gamo 440, Gamo S1K, Gamo CFX Synthetic, Gamo CFX Royal,  RWS 24

Offline darryl

• Expert
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2011, 04:43:30 PM »
well Gene, if you're cookin, we're eatin! We know how to that just fine, thank you. ;) Like Jay's sig says: "ain't this a great place to be?" ;D
darryl

GaryII It was best you sat this one out. The heat was blazing, and melting pellets in their tins. :o :o I lost ten pounds (well not all of it water. Good old Taco Bell!!) :P
My Guns:  Parker-Hale Phoenix Under-lever Under lever multi-shot/.22, .177 Crosman 1701P target pistol (in a Crosman carbine stock, and shrouded) Taipan Mutant Short in .22

Offline trapshooter

• Shooter
  • When you pray for rain say Amen with a hoe!
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2011, 04:54:43 PM »
Thanks Guys!
AA TX 200
Hamerli 850
Quest 1000
Crossman 357
AA S500
Crossman 1377
Browning Buckmark
Beeman P17

Offline Jay

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • "Non Timebo Mala"
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2011, 07:06:36 PM »
LOL Mr.Gene as I told David you all are always WELCOME in my house, as for food all you need to bring is your own grits(I can't stand grits,it don't even make good chicken feed) and as for hog head cheese not positive but I think that came out of Wisconson?
N.R.A. ENDOWMENT,N.R.A./I.L.A.,G.O.A. LIFE, N.R.A. Instructor For C.C.W.,ALL FIREARM'S & RELOADING /No Free Man Shall Ever Be Debarred The Use Of Arm's (Thomas Jefferson).   Sheridan's "52" Silver, "79" Silver, "80" Blue, BAM-51 .22, Benji Mrod #31 .22, Benji Trail NP XL .177/.22, Gamo Whisper .177, Beeman RS2 .177/.22, Crosman 1377 .177, B-3-1 AK .177. FIREARM's Far more than I need NOT as many as I want.(More AG's to come I'm sure).

Offline darryl

• Expert
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2011, 08:45:24 PM »
Due to the heat, I had a bad day taking video and pictures. But ONLY these two survived  ;):

Offline gene_sc

• Deceased
  • Media
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • GTA A Cut Above The Rest- In God We Trust
    • CharlieDaTuna
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2011, 08:51:42 PM »

Jay I think you are mistaken..:) Limburger Cheese come from Wisconsin... hehe

LOL Mr.Gene as I told David you all are always WELCOME in my house, as for food all you need to bring is your own grits(I can't stand grits,it don't even make good chicken feed) and as for hog head cheese not positive but I think that came out of Wisconson?
THE ONES I SLEEP WITH:   HW-97K,  Crosman Kantana, CZ-200, Webley/Scott UK Tomahawk, Benji Marauder, Benji Discovery,  Remington NPSS .177, Crosman Venom, Crosman RamQuest, Gamo 440, Gamo S1K, Gamo CFX Synthetic, Gamo CFX Royal,  RWS 24

Offline wicki67

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2011, 09:12:27 PM »
Good Lord! You can SEE the humidity in those photos!!

Darryl,
Wish those videos would have made it through... would have been nice to watch!

Dave T.
  • Preble County, Ohio

Offline darryl

• Expert
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2011, 09:22:25 PM »
Believe me Dave, I am nothing but sorry I didn't do a better job. I thought I was capturing some good video of a great meet. I was expecting to put Austin on You Tube! :-[

Offline Jay

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • "Non Timebo Mala"
« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2011, 01:06:05 AM »
LOL, You did catch me when I waved(HEY everyone on the GTA), Your right on the humidity Dave an that was when we first rolled in at 9:30am, no wonder we were steam cooked an ready to give up so soon.
 Mr.Gene I give you my word Bro. you an David roll on up an I promise you will be feed well(good lord what have I said it must take a grand a week to feed Mr.Gene alone) but ya still got to bring your own nasty Grits at least the mixen's. I'll even toss in a biscuit,gravy an pork chop breakfast with a dinner of string beans with baby taters an chunks of lean ham with corn bread an fixen's on the side, by the way didn't you live most your life on the west coast? If so remind me to tell you the joke on the difference between a Yankee an a "dang" Yankee that was told to me while I lived in the south.

gearsnguns

« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2011, 02:26:04 PM »
I'm glad you guys liked me Daystate...I had a real good time, great meeting you all. I can't wait till the next one!

Steve

Offline darryl

• Expert
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2011, 03:02:35 PM »
Stve, I never got to try your Daystate, so please bring it to the next meet so I can have a go. It was great meeting you too. Lots of interesting talk going on about airguns. I was liking that as much as the shooting.
darryl

gearsnguns

« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2011, 03:59:49 PM »
darryl,
  i will certainly bring it, if you want to shoot it....see ya next time.

Offline Gary

• Sharp Shooter
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2011, 05:00:03 PM »
Put me on the list to shoot the Daystate to Steve. I looked at it but feared for my life to try taking it away from Jay. LoL
It was good to meet you and try to make it to the next meet.
Gary

Offline darryl

• Expert
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2011, 02:49:08 PM »
Guys, there is this effort forming up in case any are interested: http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/message/1311714019/SW+Ohio+Airgunners+Wanted
I guys you could email Dave. I'd need to have a hunting PCP unless taking ground squirrels at 60 yards with the P-rod qualifies.