GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Crosman-Benjamin Air Gun Gate

1377 Barrel into a 760?

(1/6) > >>

Icemanxxxv:
I know the M4 barrel is a direct fit into the plastic fantastic 760, but what about modding a 1377 barrel? I have access to a lathe and mill I was just wondering if the 1377 20" barrel would be a candidate for the swap into a steel receiver 760? Anyone know the optimum barrel length for a .177 rifle?

bantam5s:

--- Quote from: Icemanxxxv on August 20, 2017, 10:34:52 AM ---I know the M4 barrel is a direct fit into the plastic fantastic 760, but what about modding a 1377 barrel? I have access to a lathe and mill I was just wondering if the 1377 20" barrel would be a candidate for the swap into a steel receiver 760? Anyone know the optimum barrel length for a .177 rifle?

--- End quote ---
It has been done and will work.
Imo the 760 is what it is for a reason and a longer barrel seems weird.
I shortened mine and it shoots great with it's shortened m417 barrel in it.
If you really want a long barrel then I guess you could use the barrel you already have, and you could also thread it for any sort of muzzle attachment you may want to add / make.

Icemanxxxv:

--- Quote from: Icemanxxxv on August 20, 2017, 10:34:52 AM ---I know the M4 barrel is a direct fit into the plastic fantastic 760, but what about modding a 1377 barrel? I have access to a lathe and mill I was just wondering if the 1377 20" barrel would be a candidate for the swap into a steel receiver 760? Anyone know the optimum barrel length for a .177 rifle?

--- End quote ---

This might be a moot point! I cleaned the barrel after an over night soak in Kroil. Ran two dozen patches down the bore and gendered down it with a bore light. There is lands and grooves in there! Looks like I have my rifled barrel already. Now l hope she ain't all shot out. Another plus is the crown looks good. Parts on order hope to have it shooting soon!
The gun is old school only three plastic parts flat top chamber and pump.

bantam5s:

--- Quote from: Icemanxxxv on August 21, 2017, 09:52:50 PM ---

--- End quote ---

This might be a moot point! I cleaned the barrel after an over night soak in Kroil. Ran two dozen patches down the bore and gendered down it with a bore light. There is lands and grooves in there! Looks like I have my rifled barrel already. Now l hope she ain't all shot out. Another plus is the crown looks good. Parts on order hope to have it shooting soon!

--- End quote ---

Awesome, rifled barrel 760's are out there but not exactly seen everyday.

Btw the receiver is zamak ( a zink alloy which hot wheels are made of ) not steel.

Icemanxxxv:

--- Quote from: bantam5s on August 21, 2017, 11:44:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: Icemanxxxv on August 21, 2017, 09:52:50 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

So what kind of stocks does it have ?
Is it solid styrene with the checkering, or is it the hollow abs stock with the faux butt plate ?
Also is it self cocking or do you actually have to cock it ?

Btw the receiver is zamak ( a zink alloy which hot wheels are made of ) not steel.

--- End quote ---

Solid styrene  wood forestock. I believe it cocks with bolt. Steel is a Generic term. Didn't know what alloy it was I know it ain't plastic. :o lol!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version