GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > American/U.S. Air Gun Gates

The best new pumper made ??

(1/46) > >>

cidd:
OK guys I'm new to this and I'm looking for the best pumper I can get I want a rifled barrel for pellets 177 or 22 mostly for target shooting and plinking and right now I'm in information overload !!  I have a Benjamin marauder that's semi custom in 177 / Benjamin trail NP in 22/ a Hatsan striker in 177 / and a beeman QB chief in 177. so I figured a good pumper was in order so do they make any good ones or are they all cheap &^^& nowadays ????  :o

bantam5s:
I love my crosman 2100, but the trigger isn't great and they require a bit of barrel stabilization ( look up the Ted's holdover review on YouTube to see the accuracy he got with his out of the box )
The Daisy 880 is pretty accurate, but I think the crosman 2100 is better plus aftermarket wooden stocks are available for a good price.
The Daisy 901 isn't as common of a gun ( not something you find at Walmart or big 5 ) but some consider them better than the 880.
The crosman 1377 is basically the Lego's of the airgun world and may be a good option if you want a serious project, otherwise being a pistol I only shoot cans with it.
 You've got the Benjamin 392 and 397, which are all wood and metal, but are also known for a bad trigger and can have their issues.
I'd say that while today's pumpers aren't total garbage, none of them even come close to the pre crosman Racine made Sheridan streaks.
Since a new Benjamin pumper costs about 150$ it may be worth it to you to hold out for a Sheridan streak which can be had for under 200$ if you're patient, none is definitely my most prized possession.

longhunter:
if you have deep pockets, there's always the FX Independence / Indy.

lillysdad621:
i wanted to get the webley rebel, but that was discontinued. used u can find innovas, sharps and a chinese pumper copy of the innova

avator:
Look on the classified sights for a Crosman 140/1400. Typically less costly than a Sheridan and easier to locate. Nothing beats a Shreridan.. we all know that but, much to be said for a Crosman 1400 in .22.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version