GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Daisy Gate

Red Ryder adult stock

(1/1)

cobalt327:
Recently bryan123 asked if the Daisy model 1938AAR Red Ryder's adult length stock was available as a replacement part from Daisy. Unfortunately, I was told it was not. The AJ stock is one option, and I like mine a lot, but the wood on mine was hard to stain. The mounting holes in my stock were also drilled incorrectly.

AJ AS RECEIVED

NEW HOLE DRILLED

The slab-sided stock below was done by Shane at Rest-O-Mod. While it lacks the embellishments seen on most of his stocks, it's perfect for my woods walker model 104 (the 104 has a lengthened shroud to use a model 25 shot tube, elevation/windage adjustable rear sight, HP spring, 340 fps MV). It's made from maple that didn't make the grade for use for an upper end stock. The LOP is 1-3/8"" longer than a stock Red Ryder (14-7/8" vs. 13-1/2"), this is my ideal length but the length can be adjusted to give the best fit. I also got an unfinished stock with the lever inletting done and cut oversize but to the same basic pattern. It has ample material for me to try my hand at shaping and finishing. For the Red Ryder he can lengthen a factory stock so the Red Ryder logo remains intact.

This is a mid '70s model 96 stock I also got from Shane. It's now on a '60s era model 96. The stock's been subtly reshaped in the pistol grip area and refinished. Fortunately it doesn't have the inletting for the medallion that seems to be missing on 90% of them- including the original stock from this gun.

Wolfer:
Getting ready to start producing a adult size stock. There will be two models, one in a plain hard wood and one in walnut. Will keep updated when they are ready.    Mike

Knothead:
I’d like to see that.

cobalt327:
Me too. A Daisy stock needs to be 7/8" thick else spacers have to be made. If the stock is too thin the sheet metal gets distorted when the screw is tightened. Wide frame guns are different still.

Blunderbuss:
The stocks look great.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version