A few comparisons?

Author Topic: A few comparisons?  (Read 857 times)

Offline Laz

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
A few comparisons?
« on: October 21, 2013, 04:53:15 AM »
Hey all, I'll be in the market for a maybe a couple more airguns soon. I've already decided on a Disco .22 w/ hand pump, to get a taste of PCP airguns. But I'm a big fan of springers and love their ease of use. Which leads me to my next questions.

Which would you, as a hunter not paper puncher, choose between these two only? Hatsan 125 .22 nitro piston OR Benjamin Trail XL1100? And why?

Next

Which would you, as a hunter not paper puncher, choose between these two only? Hatsan 125 .25 nitro piston OR Benjamin Trail XL725? And why?

BTW I chose the NP versions because I prefer NP's, they just feel awesome in my experience. (Even if coil spring gives 1-3 fpe more) Thanks for any helpful input and for choosing within those 4!
  • BC Canada
Custom 22xx PCP

Offline OleTomCat

• Tree Rats Beware.
  • Old Timer
  • yes
    • GTA Web Map
Re: A few comparisons?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 05:29:51 AM »
I don't know about the two Trails, but I know that Hatsan is a heavy beast and I would not want to cart it through the woods....
  • Summerville, SC

Offline Kailua

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 05:36:32 AM »
The 125 does come with the vortex gas piston.
  • Kailua (Oahu) Hawaii

Offline Laz

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 05:41:30 AM »
Yeah I was reading about all the hype earlier this year of adjustable rams from Hatsan, did the adjustable rams ever come out? Or is that what a vortex ram is?
  • BC Canada
Custom 22xx PCP

Offline grumpy

• Old Timer
    • http://www.airgunsforum.com/
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 01:34:08 PM »
IMO there's no comparison, the disco wins hands down. Its packs a serious punch, is lightweight and has  a very low fill pressure. Its only down side is the crummy pump they sell it with, and trigger. The trigger can be fixed for anywhere between 25-50 bucks, depending on which route you  choose, and the pump problem can be solved by getting a Hill or FX pump. Then you will have a gun that you can shoot as is for years, or modify as funds become available.

David
  • SE Michigan

Offline Laz

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 02:00:00 PM »
  • BC Canada
Custom 22xx PCP

GTA - The best place for discussion about Air Guns.