TKO info, learn from my mistake

Jump to

Author Topic: TKO info, learn from my mistake  (Read 467 times)

Offline niclaw

• Barrel Cockers
TKO info, learn from my mistake
« on: May 31, 2013, 12:05:15 AM »
I recently damaged my TKO muzzle brake.  Comparing my 2300S without and 2240 with a muzzle brake, it is easy to "hear" when the 2300S is getting low on CO2, not so easy on the hushed 2240.  What likely happened is that when the CO2 was low a pellet failed to exit, new cartridge and then next pellet and stuck pellet tumbled around inside the brake and damaged the internals. So be aware and if the slightest doubt safely check for an obstructed barrel.
Many thanks to TKO for taking care of it.
Nick

Offline silent_airman

• Silent...but deadly!
  • Old Timers
  • The Mighty Eighth - Air Power Rules!
Re: TKO info, learn from my mistake
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 01:46:21 PM »
I recently damaged my TKO muzzle brake.  Comparing my 2300S without and 2240 with a muzzle brake, it is easy to "hear" when the 2300S is getting low on CO2, not so easy on the hushed 2240.  What likely happened is that when the CO2 was low a pellet failed to exit, new cartridge and then next pellet and stuck pellet tumbled around inside the brake and damaged the internals. So be aware and if the slightest doubt safely check for an obstructed barrel.
Many thanks to TKO for taking care of it.
Nick

I was thinking about this and I wonder how a deaf person might keep track of when their cart is exhausted. The only solution would be keeping a shot count. If we know what the temp is we should be able to figure out how many safe shots can be gotten from each 12gr cart. I'm sure there is a chart somewhere that shows how many shots at specific temperatures are available.
  • Maine. Airgun Purgatory.
My China Dolls:
Industry AR2078A in .177
Industry AR2078 MM tuned in .22
Industry QB79 .22 9oz bulked

Cool stuff
Beeman P17 Stalwart Stealth Mark I 'James Bondicool'
Crosman 2250 14" 6.5" TKO "Rat-Tacticool"
Crosman AS2250XT BNM breech and shroud "Blue Devil"

Fun stuff
Crosman 2240 7" w/ 6.5" TKO
Crosman Vigilante with 4" and 6" barrels 'Pistol Pack'
S&W M&P 45

Old stuff
Benjamin 342 1981 vintage 'Old Reliable'

How do you word it... "Air Guns" or "AirGuns"?