Ninja 13ci/3000psi rated cylinder (convert from CO2 to HPA)

Author Topic: Ninja 13ci/3000psi rated cylinder (convert from CO2 to HPA)  (Read 2499 times)

Offline NinjaPaintballRay

• Plinker
  • yes
    • Ninja Paintball
Ive been talking to more and more QB79 users that have been looking for a way to convert from CO2 to HPA.  Our 13ci/3000psi rated cylinder (2" diameter) with our SHP regulator that outputs 1100psi (can be adjusted down to 950psi) should be ideal.  This regulator also includes our TWIST Technology feature that allows users to relocate the fill nipple and gauge.  If the SHP is too low or too high of an output pressure, let us know what you're looking for any we might be able to custom output regulator for you based on your specifications.

Video on TWIST Technology: 
Small | Large

(picture below shows a standard paintball regulator mounted on the cylinder, not the SHP regulator)

These small and skinny cylinders are available with any of our regulators.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 05:01:07 PM by NinjaPaintballRob »
  • Crystal Lake, IL

Offline John B

• Old Timer
Re: Ninja 13ci/3000psi rated cylinder (convert from CO2 to HPA)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 01:07:37 PM »
 Nice having you on the forum!
Love having a low cost regulated tank available  ;) . Used a Ninja 850psi tank/reg to come up with a sub $200.00 FT rifle (if it's good enough for use on a USFT it's good enough for a QB eh?) shooting 12fpe for WFTF class, then grabed an 1,100psi set up for hunting, just swap tanks & shoot.
 Thought I'd post #'s off a 2,000psi fill (always low on air here) with the 1,100psi tank on the .177 QB.
(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)
right at 30 shots on the reg, shot #23 had a bent skirt, pretty darn good numbers.
 Makes for a lot of low cost fun!
Thanks for a great product and please keep us posted.
John
  • Liberty , TN

• Plinker
  • yes
    • Ninja Paintball
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 07:22:03 PM »
Nice having you on the forum!
Love having a low cost regulated tank available  ;) . Used a Ninja 850psi tank/reg to come up with a sub $200.00 FT rifle (if it's good enough for use on a USFT it's good enough for a QB eh?) shooting 12fpe for WFTF class, then grabed an 1,100psi set up for hunting, just swap tanks & shoot.
 Thought I'd post #'s off a 2,000psi fill (always low on air here) with the 1,100psi tank on the .177 QB.
right at 30 shots on the reg, shot #23 had a bent skirt, pretty darn good numbers.
 Makes for a lot of low cost fun!
Thanks for a great product and please keep us posted.
John

Hey John.  Thanks for the warm welcome.  This forum has been great and Ive been enjoying talking and working with some of you guys on some custom projects.

I appreciate you sharing your feedback on the 13/3000.  I'm working with a few modders that work with the QB79's and it looks like they are going to be doing some testing and also reporting back to a few companies on what they find.  We're going to try a few different output pressures to see what might be optimal on those particular guns.

Thanks again for sharing your experience and let me know if you ever have any questions or need parts for your regulator.
  • Crystal Lake, IL

Offline clashley

• Shooter
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 04:26:08 PM »
welcome rob   great to have ya and to now have a goto guy when it comes to the ninja tanks and regs

court

• Plinker
  • yes
    • Ninja Paintball
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 04:00:34 PM »
welcome rob   great to have ya and to now have a goto guy when it comes to the ninja tanks and regs

court

Thanks, Court!  Glad to be here.  You guys have been a wealth of knowledge and we're more than happy to help when possible.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Rob
  • Crystal Lake, IL

Offline TimmyMac1

• Vendors
  • Expert
  • "You've Come A Long Way BB"
    • Mac1 Airgun Distributors
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 05:36:20 PM »
The valve & Tank Block securing of the QB is gonna be the weak link and why we can't do high pressure. The factory exhaust valve is also too soft or it will not be living the long life. A lot of tuners put after market stems in the guns so they can go higher pressure but the optimal seems to be around 1200 if you have an aftermarket hard stem and less pressure on the guys who are trying to make the factory valve work.
There is very little firing volume in a 79 and that makes for a gun that doesn't shoot that hard with the HPA set-up due to it being a CO2 gun where that is never an issue. It is adviseable to open up the porting of the Tank block so it will feed more air to the valve each shot.
The support that connects the tube to barrel should be reshaped slightly along with the Tank Block at the bottom so the Barrel can be just a little farther away from the tube. The 13CI and 9oz CO2 tanks can clear the Barrel if you make some small adjustments to the barrel support, tank block as well as shim the top of the tank block below the support bracket.
I did a lot of the engineering on the QB but I would not have done the Tank fitting in that way had I still been the one making that call. People are tempted to put way more pressure to this fitting than the safety margins would suggest prudent.
Ninja Tanks output pressure relief will never protect this gun adequately so I'd highly recomend a 1800 PSI low side relief so the gun doesn't ever see more than that. They fit 5K pressure relief to every Low pressure side when the Reg output exceeds 1000 PSI. I don't feel comfortable with a gun that is not protected by the low pressure side Burst disc. 5K offers zero protection in the case of reg failure. It is not OK for a 79 to see 2500 or even 2000 PSI but a 1800 PSI relief seems to be the best solution for the Marginal Tank and valve fixing of the Chinese copies of the 160. The tube wall can vary a considerable amount and that makes MWP a &^^& shoot. I do not recomend pushing it.

TimmyMac1
"No Guns Would be a Riot"

• Plinker
  • yes
    • Ninja Paintball
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 03:25:39 PM »
Ninja Tanks output pressure relief will never protect this gun adequately so I'd highly recomend a 1800 PSI low side relief so the gun doesn't ever see more than that. They fit 5K pressure relief to every Low pressure side when the Reg output exceeds 1000 PSI. They fit 5K pressure relief to every Low pressure side when the Reg output exceeds 1000 PSI. I don't feel comfortable with a gun that is not protected by the low pressure side Burst disc. 5K offers zero protection in the case of reg failure. It is not OK for a 79 to see 2500 or even 2000 PSI but a 1800 PSI relief seems to be the best solution for the Marginal Tank and valve fixing of the Chinese copies of the 160. The tube wall can vary a considerable amount and that makes MWP a &^^& shoot. I do not recomend pushing it.

Hi Tim,

This information is not correct at all.  On all of our SHP regulators which ship with around an 1100psi output direct from the factory, includes a 1.8k on the low end and a 5k if the regulator is being mounted on a 3000psi rated cylinder or a 7.5k on the high end if the regulator is being mounted on a 4500psi rated cylinder.

Maybe you're confusing our 3000psi output regulator with the SHP's 1100psi output?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:36:00 PM by NinjaPaintballRob »
  • Crystal Lake, IL

Offline TimmyMac1

• Vendors
  • Expert
Thanks Rob
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 09:41:14 PM »
So the 1200 and 1400 have 5K on low side but the 1100 or 1000 psi don't right? Sure wish we could still get the 3K Burst Disc.

TimmyMac1

• Plinker
  • yes
    • Ninja Paintball
Re: Thanks Rob
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 11:20:14 AM »
So the 1200 and 1400 have 5K on low side but the 1100 or 1000 psi don't right? Sure wish we could still get the 3K Burst Disc.

TimmyMac1

Hey Tim,

Yes, sir!  100% correct.  When we hit 1200psi or higher as an output, we use a 5k burst disk on the low end.  Anything under 1200psi would use a 1800psi burst disk on the low end.  high end burst disk will depend on the pressure rating of the cylinder - 5k burst disk for a 3000psi rated cylinder and 7.5k burst disk for a 4500psi cylinder.

On another note, I used to remember a Mac1 paintball company when I first started playing.  You wouldnt happen to know anything about the gun below would you? :)

• Crystal Lake, IL

Offline TimmyMac1

• Vendors
  • Expert
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 12:07:38 PM »
On another note, I used to remember a Mac1 paintball company when I first started playing.  You wouldnt happen to know anything about the gun below would you? :)

Yes, that would be a Mac1 Annihilator with side air, Scope rail, Posifeed, Quick Strip, Lstock and 10oz Bulk. We called that Stage 5 Pain. It was the gun the factory knocked off as the P12 just long enough to shut me down on Painball forever. I can still fix them but there will be no more made. I just about killed my business by doing product devcelopment for the theif Ray Katt. When he sold out to Crosman he owed me a 1/4 of a million bucks and his corrupt lawyers had it covered. I got me some Racine Justice and watched Katt go to lunch with the Judge. My future became Rays retirement bonus.
Painball was a nightmare for me. I've never seen so many cutthroats thrown together in my life. I quit in 1991 when the P12 was released using technology I developed under a contract Ray asked me to enter.

I learned a lot of hard lessons in the late 80's and the biggest one of all was that innovators get hosed. Patents and contracts don't mean diddly if you enter them with someone that has no ethics. I was trusting a contract with an American Company so I was screwed. Lesson learned. Don't innovate for others unless you get the money up front. Trust is for suckers.

TimmyMac1

• Plinker
  • yes
    • Ninja Paintball
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 01:09:40 PM »
Yes, that would be a Mac1 Annihilator with side air, Scope rail, Posifeed, Quick Strip, Lstock and 10oz Bulk. We called that Stage 5 Pain. It was the gun the factory knocked off as the P12 just long enough to shut me down on Painball forever. I can still fix them but there will be no more made. I just about killed my business by doing product devcelopment for the theif Ray Katt. When he sold out to Crosman he owed me a 1/4 of a million bucks and his corrupt lawyers had it covered. I got me some Racine Justice and watched Katt go to lunch with the Judge. My future became Rays retirement bonus.
Painball was a nightmare for me. I've never seen so many cutthroats thrown together in my life. I quit in 1991 when the P12 was released using technology I developed under a contract Ray asked me to enter.

I learned a lot of hard lessons in the late 80's and the biggest one of all was that innovators get hosed. Patents and contracts don't mean diddly if you enter them with someone that has no ethics. I was trusting a contract with an American Company so I was screwed. Lesson learned. Don't innovate for others unless you get the money up front. Trust is for suckers.

TimmyMac1

Tim,

That gun was VERY innovative at the time and was actually one of the first markers I ever used in Paintball.  Thank you very much for what you did for our sport back during those times.  Very tough to come by one of your annihilators nowadays but that is one I wish I still had in my collection. 

Yes, paintball is full of politics which we stay out of.  I think players would be amazed at all of the stuff that goes on behind the scenes in our industry.  Very sorry to hear about the issues you had with people stealing your design/ideas.  This is something that still occurs in paintball but mostly overseas now.
  • Crystal Lake, IL

Offline TimmyMac1

• Vendors
  • Expert
Old Reliable & Accurate Pain
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 03:09:34 PM »
The Editor of Action Pursuit Games Mag was a player and he always was testing somebodies new gun on the field. He told me one time his Annihilator was nicknamed old reliable because of how many times he had to go back to the car and get the Mac1 marker to finish the game or day with something that worked good. He brought it to me for refurb a few years back and we polished it out, Engraved it Old Reliable and he put it in his collection after spending a day with it on the field. He has a pretty good collection and you can play with most of them.
He told me, with the best paint, there is no other marker that can hold as tight a group as the Mac1 Annihilator. His did 10" at 50 yards.

TimmyMac1

Offline rsterne

• Old Timer
  • Mozey-On-Inn and see what Coalmont has to offer
    • Mozey-On-Inn
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2013, 09:07:22 PM »
So the 3K burst disc is no longer available?.... seems strange, since every CO2 tank should have one....

Bob
Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
Airsonal:
.177 Diana 34, 1750 CO2 Carbine, .177 Uber-Pumper, .22 Uber-Carbine, .25 Discovery, 2260 PCP 8-shot Carbine (Grouse Gun), 2260 PCP Rifle (37 FPE), 2560 PCP Rifle (52 FPE), .22 BAM B-26, .22 BAM B-51, Hatsan AT-4410 Long (70 FPE),
"Hayabusa" Custom PCP Project (Mk.I is .22 & .25 cal regulated; Mk.II is .224, .257, .308 & .357 unregulated; working on the Mk.III, a .410 shotgun, and .458 cal)

• Plinker
  • yes
    • Ninja Paintball
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2013, 10:57:22 AM »
So the 3K burst disc is no longer available?.... seems strange, since every CO2 tank should have one....

Bob

3k burst disks are available through other sources.  We stopped manufacturing CO2 valves, 3k burst disks, and CO2 air systems (valve and bottle) after the systems being made overseas drove the price down to the point where we could not longer offer one at a comparable price.  The burst disks are available at just about any paintball store or online business.
  • Crystal Lake, IL

Offline TimmyMac1

• Vendors
  • Expert
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2013, 11:49:21 AM »

Bob

3k burst disks are available through other sources.  We stopped manufacturing CO2 valves, 3k burst disks, and CO2 air systems (valve and bottle) after the systems being made overseas drove the price down to the point where we could not longer offer one at a comparable price.  The burst disks are available at just about any paintball store or online business.

Yesterday I posted almost the exact same thing but somehow it never appeared. Ironically, I found Ninja Paintball (PSI)doing a GOOGLE search for 3K rupture discs because at the time the Chinese ones were of Horrid quality and were more than unreliable, they were a nightmare.
Now I have a nearly endless supply of 3K rupture discs as I throw every one of the Pin valves away and replace them with on/off valves. It seems they have finally learned how to make a decent burst disc but the valves that came on the 4oz tanks are borderline useless as they are more than 50% junk.
Ninja got out of CO2 because the market got inundated with product that was awefully cheap but also aweful quality. There was rampant overcapacity and dumping of product at ridiculous prices. I bought $2.50 on/off valves stateside. It took $7 worth of AMERICAN parts to make them reliable but Ninja Survived through all this $24 semi-auto CO2 dumping ground chaos. My solution was to stop doing Painball altogether. 1991 was the end of that pain for me. Rob will tell you getting your designs ripped off gets really old quickly.

TimmyMac1

• Plinker
  • yes
    • Ninja Paintball
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2013, 04:11:12 PM »

Bob

Yesterday I posted almost the exact same thing but somehow it never appeared. Ironically, I found Ninja Paintball (PSI)doing a GOOGLE search for 3K rupture discs because at the time the Chinese ones were of Horrid quality and were more than unreliable, they were a nightmare.
Now I have a nearly endless supply of 3K rupture discs as I throw every one of the Pin valves away and replace them with on/off valves. It seems they have finally learned how to make a decent burst disc but the valves that came on the 4oz tanks are borderline useless as they are more than 50% junk.
Ninja got out of CO2 because the market got inundated with product that was awefully cheap but also aweful quality. There was rampant overcapacity and dumping of product at ridiculous prices. I bought $2.50 on/off valves stateside. It took $7 worth of AMERICAN parts to make them reliable but Ninja Survived through all this $24 semi-auto CO2 dumping ground chaos. My solution was to stop doing Painball altogether. 1991 was the end of that pain for me. Rob will tell you getting your designs ripped off gets really old quickly.

TimmyMac1

Quoted for the truth.  It amazes me. We have patents and paid a LOT of money for these patents, only to have some of the products copied and sold.  After taking some of the companies to court, our reward was less than what it cost us overall in travel, attorney/court fees, patent costs, etc.  It used to be much more common back in the 90s and early 2000s.  Seems to be getting much better lately as I think players are wising up to the fact that just because it looks the same doesnt mean the quality is there.
  • Crystal Lake, IL

Offline PackingHeat

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2013, 12:53:09 AM »

TimmyMac1
Your business lesson is spot Timmy. I can tell you from experience that much of the paintball industry is still the same today, along with many other manufacturing markets. At least the Japanese companies are still honorable. It is a real " hit or miss" in the USA these days and it seems to just be getting worse. I have worked on projects doing innovative things that I knew would never benefit me or the company I worked for but would hugely benefit the people it was for when they stole the knowledge. It (not good) being used but for some reason my employer could never see it coming even after it happened repeatedly. It must have been the "Doormat" tattoo on his forehead. It is unfortunate that this seems to be the most popular business model now.
  • Clio, Michigan
Benjamin .22 Disco tuned w/ Hawke Nite-Eye 4-16x50, and a TKO.

Benjamin .25 Marauder w/ Hawke Nite-Eye 8-24x50.

Flying Dragon - .177 and .22  QB79 w/17ci HPA @1500 psi. w/FM 4-14x44, AR2079A target stock, and a TKO.

Flying Dragon - .22 QB79 w/13ci HPA @1100 psi. w/FM 4-14x44, and a TKO.

Crosman 2240 carbine w/Hipac, TKO, and Hawke HD 3-9x50.

Benjamin 342 - 30 years and it is just getting broken in.

Walther CP99 pistol - mostly for quick draw practice

Omega Supercharger 4500 psi compressor

GTA - What's been your success with air gun target practice?