GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > Target Shooting Discussion Gate

Ten Dimes Challenge

(1/8) > >>

MicErs:
I'd like to propose a simple challenge for anyone who chooses to take it up.  I've made up a target which has ten dime sized circles on it.  The circles are actually just a tiny bit 0.005 larger than a dime but close enough.  The target is a PDF and so should print the same for everyone.

If you manage to shoot ten five shot groups consecutively under a dime.  You have passed the challenge.  This should be trivially easy for the PCP shooters, less so for the pumpers and probably hard for most springer shooters, still it will document that a person has achieved a level of accuracy.

Shooters shoot whatever you want, this is not a contest to see who is the best shot.  This is a "merit badge" if you will.  When you manage it post the gun, pellet, and weather information for your target.  Probably just write it on the target with date and time.

I hope I'm not off base suggesting this.  It is just a fun idea that maybe will even draw some shooters into the target shooting gateways.  We could start a sticky thread in one of the target shooting gateways for those who manage it to hang their targets.

Mike

Hangtown-Shooter:
Sounds like fun Mike.

Do you have a specific range (distance) in mind?

Whoops... Nevermind, I see it is posted on the target 25 yards  ;D

Frank in Fairfield:
You can also use this one:

MicErs:

--- Quote from: Hangtown-Shooter on June 08, 2015, 08:10:24 PM ---Sounds like fun Mike.

Do you have a specific range (distance) in mind?

Whoops... Nevermind, I see it is posted on the target 25 yards  ;D

--- End quote ---
I think 25 yards is probably far enough to keep it interesting and close enough to give everyone a reasonable chance at getting it done with enough practice.  What do you think?

bubba zanetti:
I assume this is an 'off-hand' challenge?

BZ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version