GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

How difficult to reseal late 50s Blue Streak Sheridan?

(1/5) > >>

Pumper:
Looking at a kit with the tool for $35.00. Are there any issues to be aware of and is this difficult to do?

Radrob:

--- Quote from: Pumper on April 19, 2017, 07:33:52 PM ---Looking at a kit with the tool for $35.00. Are there any issues to be aware of and is this difficult to do?

--- End quote ---

I just resealed my 64 and did have a problem because I didn't realize the lower/2nd lead seal was in there. So I would leave the lower lead seal alone and use the other parts. I think I used the same kit as you from Baker. I'm new here but we have some Dan guys that know more than I and will help if you have questions.

Make sure you clean everything good, don't go crazy and scratch up the gun getting the pins out, that your time and it should go smoothly. You'll need to make a bolt screw removal tool but it's easy, check the video and make sure to position the screw correctly to save the edges from rounding off for the next guy that you Will it to because it'll be good for another 50 years.
Follow these instructions and have fun.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/275684/message/1177168737/sheridan+C9+rebuild
Bolt removal, don't lose the spring

I have 2 other Dans and the new resealed gun is the strongest, you'll know how much stronger when you start pumping it up.

avator:
Fellas, Check this out !!!!  New member helping a new member !!! It just don't get no better than that!!!
I don't have anything to add that RadRob hasn't already said.
Oh wait... yes I do..
Be careful threading the retaining nut back in. It is steel into brass. Add pressure and turn counter clockwise until you hear and feel the threads align.
Good luck.

Back_Roads:

--- Quote from: avator on April 19, 2017, 10:03:53 PM ---Fellas, Check this out !!!!  New member helping a new member !!! It just don't get no better than that!!!
I don't have anything to add that RadRob hasn't already said.
Oh wait... yes I do..
Be careful threading the retaining nut back in. It is steel into brass. Add pressure and turn counter clockwise until you hear and feel the threads align.
Good luck.

--- End quote ---

I have noticed a lot of past new members who are carrying the torch or founding members have lit and passed on , some take off faster than others. Good to see :)

Pumper:
Ok, so the 2 hex wrenches are the only unusual tools needed? What size eh not sure what to ask for at the hardware store.???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version