GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

I finally get to join this forum!!!

(1/8) > >>

Gear_Junkie:
I'm stoked to FINALLY be able to join this forum.  I pickup up a few old beauties recently:

Blue Streak
Crosman 160 Pellgun
Crosman 140
Crosman 66 PowerMaster (my gun as a kid - now a parts gun as it's missing a bunch of screws  :( )

(Sorry for the lousy pic, I haven't yet had time to mess with them much.  I've spent most of my free time drooling over the powder burners from the 1800's to early 1900's.  I'm totally clueless on what to do with these.  I'll probably start with a Ballistol wipedown and then just put them away, as I don't want to do any harm to them.  I wish there was a GTA for powderburners!)

The top 3 guns are in fair condition.  Most of the metal work is pretty good, with some light lust.  All of the wood is in good condition but UGLY.  I don't think any of them have been opened up, as they've been stored for at least 30 years.  The PowerMaster was mine, and the others belonged to my dad.

I hope to have some funds this summer to maybe take a stab a restoring 1 or more of them.  My first stop will probably be Tim.  Any tips/advice are welcome.

Thanks!

joek:
You may get lucky and just lube the piston's , after a good cleaning. And see if they  hold pressure

Rob112o:
None of them are holding Zach?

avator:
WOW !!! That's a nice haul! Talk about hitting the lottery.

19Sheridan57:
 Nice ! As mentioned, try a little oil first & one may come back to life.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version