GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Hunting Gate

Storm .30 take its 1st Boar, actually two **Videos, Pics, Story**

(1/8) > >>

Nomadic Pirate:
Hunting a feeder out of a tree blind doesn't make much for storytelling  ;D ;D ;D

Pretty boring really, I was sitting there from 2 PM to 6 PM so I'll let the videos and picture tell the story  ;D ;D

Just a little explanation of the events so the 2 videos will make more sense,

About 6 PM and was getting dark and I was thinking to start packing up shortly when 2 Brothers came into the feeder super hot, turned on the camcorder and as soon as the bigger one gave me a shot I took it, I than turned the camera off and was about to go down when I realised the other boar only run 20 yards and was coming back in ( gotta love quiet Airguns for hog hunting  ;) ) ....so I turned the camcorder back on, I didn't know if he was gonna come in more or if he was even gonna stick around at all or bolt, so I took a quick shot.

The Storm .30 performed great,...this rifle is a sure winner.

So, here are the videos :

Here is how the where when I got there

Moved them away from the feeder to take pictures

Taking the Trophy shot it was getting dark so I had to take a second picture with the flash  ;D

It was getting late so I ended up with a Porker in the trunk (to process later and one in the Ice chest  ;D ;D

So the Storm .30 in its short tenure has taken a Peacock, a mongoose and now 2 Porkers, definitely doing its job well  ;D

Next I think I want to set up a serious mongoose hunt

stonykill:
 Well done Manny.

Rodentor:
Fantastic! Congratulations... :D

Are you back to the wood stock for good?

Dairyboy:
Great shooting nicely done!

Randbo:
Thanks for sharing the hunt with us it was fantastic! Them Rainstorms in 30 cal are a deadly gun! Did you notice if the JSB shot completely through there heads? How do you think it would work on a broad side lung shot? I'm sure it would run a ways. I have one other question for you, these 30 cal are such a great gun, how is the accuracy with the .357 Rainstorm?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version