GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Hunting Gate

1st Ever Harvest

(1/10) > >>

Nomadic Pirate:
So, a few weeks back my daughter asked me if she could shoot a chicken.

She a pretty darn good shot with her 13 FPE disco at 25 yards,..this was one of her targets

Ok than, I said, but you have to practice a lot, than clean it, cook it and heat it.

I made her a couple Chicken targets so she could visualise the kill zone and talk her into all the dynamics of shooting a live, moving target.

This morning I settled her in on the Lanai (deck) put some food at about 25 yards and waited for the chickens to come in, I explained they they would be in a bit of a feeding frenzy at the beginning so wait until they calm down.

I was really expecting her to get a bit overexcited and most likely blow the shot, but she was all business like, waited until this hen was calm and once she lifted the head and stud still the shot was taken and the hen dropped on the spot.

The chicken is now marinating in red vine and olive oil and will be cocked for dinner  ;D ;D ;D

steveoh:
Awesome! Good job Manny...

Tater:
That's awesome Manny! Tell her congrats and well done. Enjoy the meal, get a few pics of it if you can.

Gertrude:
Good stuff Manny !
Looks like you've taught her well. Give her a high five for us and tell her we proud of her.

dk1677:
Congrats to your daughter Manny!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version