GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

Well... I did it... 'Dan HERE!

(1/33) > >>

Hoosier Daddy:
Deals done, I got a Sheridan on the way.

I have been searching Ebay daily for a complete 342 to round out my Benjamin .22 pumper collection.
Set my budget to only use to use the gift cards I got for Christmas. Told myself that is all I was going to spend, no more than that.
Naturally, while searching my eyes would wander to the Benjamin 132 pistols, the Sheridan's H series, and the 'Streaks. Every single one I was interested in was either broke-up into two separate auctions, or was outbid and wound up selling for WAY more than I was willing to pay. :-\
  Well, this morning there was a new listing for a complete Blue Streak. With many large photos of every view showed it was a rocker safety, made in Racine. It has well worn wood finish but no chips or cracks to be seen. The nice bluing and chrome on the bolt shows little to no wear.
 The seller reported it "works" because when he received it in he was fiddling with it and it fired a pellet across the office. So to me that meant it was stored with a couple pumps (and loaded!). It was listed as having a peep but the photos showed only the original blade rear sight. It does still have the original hand grip on the barrel, no visible separation, and the screws do not look to have ever been touched.
 Again the "Buy It Now" that was out of my set price... but this one had a "Make Offer" button!
Knowing how many times my meager offers were shot down in the past, I didn't have very high hopes but I went through the motions. Typed out a brief message pointing out the poor wood finish and the fact it did NOT have a peep. and hit submit.
 HE ACCEPTED IT!!!
I now have a Blue Streak Project on the way, due here Friday. I already have stripper, sandpaper and Tru-oil .... Heck I even got money left over for .20 pellets!
Here are some of the photos I saved.

Back_Roads:
 Hope you have as good of luck as I did with mine or better ;)

45flint:
Very cool

avator:
There ya go

north country gal:
Good for you. Very easy stocks to refinish, by the way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version