GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > American/U.S. Air Gun Gates

Pumpers making a comeback?

(1/107) > >>

fenixt:
When I first got into this site, it was all about springers. I changed a bit later from springer to MSP for multiple reasons. Now more and more threads are about MSPs (at least in the American/US gate). Are MSPs making a comeback? Do you think manufacturers taking notice and make more models? I think they should. I'd be happy if, for example, Crosman had even half the choices for MSP as they have for springers. TWANGGG!

Rob112o:
All i got is pumpers. Not really fond oh springers. I dont need full power all the time every time. Most my target shooting and pest control is done at 3 to 5 pumps. Since im working and pesting at an Apt complex having control oh velocity and report is a must.

daveb50:
PCP's are all the rage these days, but I do think the lowly pumper has seen a resurgence here lately. Lets face it, most kids get there start with a pump gun, be it a single pump BB gun, or a multi pump pellet gun. The sudden cancellation of the Sheridan Blue Streak by Crosman raised some heads in the airgun community. There have been a lot of postings lately about the older Sheridans and Benjimans being brought back to life, as well as new Benji 392's and 397"s being purchased. What's not to like about a pumper, it's self contained, accurate, and you can easily adjust the power by how many times you pump it. You can mod them for higher power, from low cost flat top valves and pistons for Crosman 1377/1322 pistols, Mac1 Steroid treatments for the Dans and Benjis, to the Millennium Pumpers being manufactured by CarsonRatSniper. If I ever needed to fend for myself in the wild, I would definitely want my pumpers with me, to put food on the table. Nothing extra needed, other than your favorite pellets.  ;D

bmb:
I find this a very interesting topic. My .20 Sheridan is what got me hooked on air guns in the first place. I still need a .22 something to add to my collection. PCP, msp, Springer? Still undecided. However, I'm pretty sure that if the msp selection was as big as the Springer selection, I would most likely be purchasing another msp.

Can you just imagine choosing a msp from the likes of Diana, Beeman, Hatsan, Air Arms, Daystate, ect, ect, ect? My pumpers are the most affordable guns I have. They are also the easiest to shoot accurately. I just don't understand why more manufacturers don't make them.

I guess that's one of the reasons I haven't yet picked a .22. Not the only reason, just one of them. For now I will do my best to improve what i have and what I can do with it. Hopefully, as you have pondered, pumpers will make a comeback demanding manufacturers to step up to the plate.

beerhippy:
I would like to see what one of the hiigher end companies could do with a gun similar to a 13xx.  Better sights, grips and trigger along with a more efficient pump. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version