GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > American/U.S. Air Gun Gates

Allen screws and wrenches

(1/3) > >>

jim p:
It seems that all allen screws and wrenches are not created equal..  I was going to do some trigger work on my 1377 and the allen wrench seemed too loose to even start to remove the screw so I abandoned the project until I can get a better fit.

Does anyone have a brand of allen wrenches that are just great fits or maybe a few thousands larger than the typical wrench.  I don't want to mess up the .050 allen screw heads.

mobilehomer:
Either go to a RC hobby shop or look on Amazon for precision ground Allen wrenches. These have pointed instead of rounded corners, fit tighter and grip better. No more stripped screws!!!
Here is a set, you can buy individuals.

cca50:
Best I have ever found, this is a combo SAE/Metric set, they make many more sets.

Charles

marty2:

--- Quote from: mobilehomer on January 06, 2017, 04:57:31 PM ---Either go to a RC hobby shop or look on Amazon for precision ground Allen wrenches. These have pointed instead of rounded corners, fit tighter and grip better. No more stripped screws!!!
Here is a set, you can buy individuals.

--- End quote ---

+1 I use their driver hex bits and have a set in both metric and SAE. Quality product.

jim p:
Thanks I ordered a wiha .050".  Maybe it will fit the screw heads.  I have run into screws where the heads were not exactly the right size.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version