GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > American/U.S. Air Gun Gates

The one that started the addiction

(1/10) > >>

ev-in-az:
The air rifle that got me hooked a few years ago was a Crosman Backpacker, the original one with a 14.5" barrel. I didn't do anything but shoot it. It wasn't my first air gun but as I read about the modifications possible I got intrigued. Over time barrels got changed, modifications made and it disappeared. Today I put together a "Backpacker" that is close to the original using the 14.5" barrel. The bolt is from a Discovery rifle, the bolt handle from a steel breech kit and the piston is shimmed with an O ring to get more air in the valve, a flat top piston and flow through bolt are on order. After sighting it in I had little trouble hitting spoons stuck in the ground at twenty yards. The 1.75" knock down target was easy, the 3/4" a little harder -- all from the offhand position. Easy to empty a tin of pellets with it.

So here I am with 48 air rifles with at least one more on my mind. It's ordered now, Gamo Accu .177 from Pyramyd.

I would be curious to read how others got started.

bantam5s:
My dad got me a 66 powermaster when I was 7 😁
I really wish he had himself a new airguns at the time, because he would've given me his Sheridan a lot sooner.

anuthabubba:
My first exposure to 'adult airgunning' was a FWB124 Deluxe, back in late '79. Still have it. My first American made airguns were a late '80s Racine Benjamin 342 and a Crosman 150, bought at the Little Rock Airgun Expo near the turn of the century.

grimeszee:
My addiction starter was the Gamo Varmint Hunter HP   .177 cal that i purchased in 2013 from Dicks Sporting goods and has since been custom tuned to 12.5 fpe by OleTomCat.

uglymike:
Gamo Big Cat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version