GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > Field Target Gates

Sacramento Valley FT .... April 23 Match report

(1/2) > >>

Motorhead:
 :o What can one say ? ..... 5 days ago a forecast of 77 degrees ending up 70'ish with a light breeze & nary a cloud in the sky ... That works !

With all our pre planning & scheduling we hit a hick up finding us in conflict with the Black powder / muzzle loaders folks during set up for the use of "Cow Boy Town" from a bump they had incurred earlier in the month.
Having our leader Jim C quickly addressing this issue he/we decided to share space of "Cowboy Town" so all could enjoy the day coming to a decision they could shoot too in one of the 3 bays of the CBT range.
So .... FIRE IN THE HOLE could be heard as some pretty dang loud BP guns went off threw out the morning.  Good air gun shooters nerve training ... Not !

After all the shuffling and other squabbles of the morning adjustments the membership present moved around the course set up establishing our 58 shot venue for the day .... GREAT JOB GUYS !!

By @ 9:45 we have registration done, sight in done and shooters meeting completed ... lets shoot with 25 willing and able present !
Course set was biased mid 35 troyer or in simple terms ... modestly difficult with many of the usual suspects rising to the occasion in typical form of  ;) WE GOT THIS ... leaving some to say HEY !!! what gives with small KZ's and long shots  ???

@ 1:15/ 1;30 we're winding it up and score cards are getting turned in .... Just a GREAT day with all but a single shot off string and one target won't fall protest.  For a 58 shot match We'll call that a SUCCESS !!

Starting with the smallest class to largest the cookies crumbled as follows .................

WFTF PISTON
Jim P 31
Mark W 27

WFTF PCP
Gabriel L 55
Riz M 55
Kevin Y 41

OPEN PCP
Ronnie E 57/58  * Match high score
Dave C 53
Chris M 53
Fred B 42

HUNTER PISTON
Charlie L 42
Mark E 36
Bob K 35
Dana F 24
Darren T 13

HUNTER PCP
Jim C 56
Scott Sc 49
Jessica K 48
Martin 41
Tak A 40
Mike C 40
Cameron K 40
Robb R 39
Jack C 37
Scott St 28
Ashley U 21

Afterwards we converged on the meeting hall for lunch & catching up on the mornings match.
On behalf of the Sacramento Valley Field Target Club .... WE THANK all that came out, helped set up and take down the venue !!

Jim & Scott  ;)

gokidd:
Great job, Motorhead and Jim.
Thanks for the extra effort, as always!
Bob

22Jim:
A big thank you to Motorhead (Scott) for stepping up big time and helping with the match details while I tried to figure out who had access to the range for the day. We got those details hammered out and ended up sharing the range with the black powder shooters. Other than an occasional blast from a black powder cannon we hardly noticed they were there. 

Another great turnout and some wonderful weather led to a great match. So far this year we have had some excellent weather with minimal winds and our shooters are taking advantage of the conditions posting some spectacular scores. Today's course was no gimmee! We had several targets with tiny kill zones and more long targets then usual. Great shooting everyone. It was a fun match with some great people.

Some good shooting there goKidd, you have really picked up this sport quickly. Also a nice turnaround for Jessica. who reversed the results of the Morro Bay match by beating hubby Cameron and taking 3rd place in Hunter PCP one of the most hotly contested classes in our matches.

Thanks to all for the help in set up and tear down.

Jim in Sacramento 

Kerndtc:
Looking forward to the next match! Hopefully by then ill at least figure out how to keep up with Jessica! No hope in beating that score of yours Jim. Stellar shooting!

I'm going to try to convince Jessica to practice her offhand shooting, she only rang the bell twice. Once she has that down I don't know if I will ever catch up!

gokidd:

--- Quote from: Kerndtc on April 24, 2017, 06:10:44 PM ---I'm going to try to convince Jessica to practice her offhand shooting, she only rang the bell twice. Once she has that down I don't know if I will ever catch up!

--- End quote ---

YEAH, Jessica!!!
 ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version