GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

Sterilized silver streak issue?

(1/1)

Wolfer:
I have a silver streak that has been sterioded and is retaining air at 8 pumps. I haven,t shot a lot of rounds through it and keep it lured with secret sauce. I also keep 3 pumps in when not shooting. Before each shot I cock and clear air if any retained. Will it break in after shooting it more.   Wolfer

Wolfer:

--- Quote from: Wolfer on April 01, 2017, 01:29:29 PM ---I have a silver streak that has been sterioded and is retaining air at 8 pumps. I haven,t shot a lot of rounds through it and keep it lured with secret sauce. I also keep 3 pumps in when not shooting. Before each shot I cock and clear air if any retained. Will it break in after shooting it more.   Wolfer

--- End quote ---

Habanero69er:
Shouldn't retain air anytime after it was Steroided. Did you personally send it to Tim McMurray for a Steroid treatment or did you buy it from someone else?

Wolfer:
It was shipped to him by me. A friend of mine and me sent two identical 1960s silver streaks. I think he did a great job. I think that I haven,t put enough pellets through it yet. It does it about every second to third shot.    Wolfer

TimmyMac1:
Generally if it doesn't clear 8 it is a stock gun. A steroid will clear 12. At 14 pumps there will be some retained air. More the heavier the pellet you use. If it isn't clearing 8 I need to look it over. That is not right.
Tim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version