TJ3 SLO-FLO valve on my Great White tank

Author Topic: TJ3 SLO-FLO valve on my Great White tank  (Read 112 times)

Offline wahoowad

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
TJ3 SLO-FLO valve on my Great White tank
« on: April 16, 2017, 09:29:01 AM »
Hi Joe,

I had my nice new Great White tank filled the other day for the first time. I decided to compare the accuracy of the extra gauge you installed that always shows remaining check tank pressure to the larger gauge. I hooked my fill hose up and put my deadhead in the other end and sure enugh they were exactly the same. That little gauge is nice!

Anyway, when I slowly cracked the tank valve open I noticed the pressure jumped up pretty fast. I was expecting it to be slow because this is some kind of slow flow valve, right? Can you help me understand what I should expect from this SLO-FLO valve?

Everything on the tank seems really nice  ;)
  • Central Virginia
.177 HW110
.177 HW98
.22 Walther LGU
.22 HW30S
.22 XS25
.22 2300KT
.22 Diana 56TH
.25 Marauder

Offline RETATCDUDE

• "Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement."
  • Old Timer
Re: TJ3 SLO-FLO valve on my Great White tank
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 09:53:50 AM »
It will slow down the more you use it.
In fact, it gets slower every time you use it.
In my experience.
  • Fairfield, California
AA TX200 MKIII, .177
Baikal IZH46M w/Steve Corcoran Furniture
Beeman R1, San Rafael, .177
Benjamin Sheridan, Blue Streak, Williams Peep
Benjamin Marauder, .177 w/Boyd's Stock
Benjamin Marauder, .25  w/ Boyd's Stock
Crosman 1720T w/Ralph Baker Furniture
Daisy Model 25, Variant #17
Daisy Red Ryder
HW35E, .177, Beeman/Williams Peep/12fpe VORTEK
RWS Diana 52, .177
Bug-a-Salt

Offline Joe Brancato

• Vendors
  • Marksman
  • yes
    • AirTanksForSale
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 09:21:25 AM »
It will slow down the more you use it.
In fact, it gets slower every time you use it.
In my experience.
The valve is mechanically one-way restricted.  It will only slow down if you are using contaminated air, that is slowly causing a clog in the restrictor.

I can show to you how to easily clean that if you call.
  • 5151 Oceanus, #108; Warm & Sunny Huntington Beach, California 92649
Joe Brancato <><
714-907-0067

Offline Joe Brancato

• Vendors
  • Marksman
  • yes
    • AirTanksForSale
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 09:34:20 AM »
Hi Joe,

I had my nice new Great White tank filled the other day for the first time. I decided to compare the accuracy of the extra gauge you installed that always shows remaining check tank pressure to the larger gauge. I hooked my fill hose up and put my deadhead in the other end and sure enugh they were exactly the same. That little gauge is nice!

Anyway, when I slowly cracked the tank valve open I noticed the pressure jumped up pretty fast. I was expecting it to be slow because this is some kind of slow flow valve, right? Can you help me understand what I should expect from this SLO-FLO valve?

Everything on the tank seems really nice  ;)
Thanks for liking our tanks so mucy. I always appreciate making someone happy (don't we all?)

When you ope the valve the pressure is initially pressurizing only the very small volume of air in the hose and the pressure jumps quickly. If you watch and listen closely, you might hear a click, as the one-way check valve in your PCPC airgun clicks open. At that point, now the much larger volume of the Rifle is being filled, and the need will move more slowly.

We try to adjust the speed of the Slo-Flo to make everyone happy. But, like the thermostat, some like it where it is, some what it more, some want it less hot. Same with the speed of the slo-flo- Fortunately adjusting the speed of the slow flow is easy. Either you can do it, or I can. 
Call Adam or myself at 714-612-5956.

I prefer to answer your question on the phone, specifically because I don't have time to monitor forums on 24-7 basis. If I start answering questions here, it will either
A) become one more place that I must constantly monitor (in addition to 100's of emails, texts, calls, wak-ins, etc.) or
B) Accidentally go unnoticed and upset people.

Our goal is to answer questions immediately, so please call 714-907-0067 between 8AM-4:30PM PACIFIC and well take IMMEDIATE care of you.
I can either walk you through how to slow down the valve, or I can do it at no charge.
  • 5151 Oceanus, #108; Warm & Sunny Huntington Beach, California 92649
Joe Brancato <><
714-907-0067

Offline wahoowad

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 09:07:55 PM »
Thanks Joe. Let me try another couple fills and see how it does with the added capacity of the airgun cylinder. I follow your point about that.
  • Central Virginia
.177 HW110
.177 HW98
.22 Walther LGU
.22 HW30S
.22 XS25
.22 2300KT
.22 Diana 56TH
.25 Marauder

GTA - What's been your success with air gun target practice?