Mrodair M10

Author Topic: Mrodair M10  (Read 4025 times)

Offline Monkeydad1969

• Old Timer
  • yes
Re: Mrodair M10
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2017, 07:06:38 PM »
I couldn't stand back and take this anymore.  Thanks to Dairyboy, I have been made a member of the M10 club...the Disco is sweet, too.

• Colorado---Aurora

Offline LittleBlackBullet

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2017, 09:56:08 PM »
Soooo, you took the plunge! Welcome to "The M10 Club"  8)  (that's funny)

How did you get yours, I thought Mrodair was sold out!

There's a real good mix of experience in this thread. Many have years of PCP mod.s under their belt, others like myself are just getting started. Makes for great reading as I stumble upon the same problems others are having, and then find answers I can apply.
  • Olathe, Ks

Offline Monkeydad1969

• Old Timer
  • yes
« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2017, 02:37:54 AM »
Hey Andrew,

I got both rifles from Dairyboy.  Glad I did take the plunge.

Joe
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 02:39:45 AM by Monkeydad1969 »
  • Colorado---Aurora

Offline smythsg

• Sharp Shooter
« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2017, 11:21:20 PM »
Welcome to the club Joe, if I ever get the replacement valve parts for mine, I look forward to sharing some shooting experiences. I know Andrew has been in touch with SPA and I am heading down that path next.
  • North Atlanta, Georgia
Current Hunting Buddies:
MrodAir P12 .22; Hatsan 125 Vortex .22; Hatsan 25 Supercharger Vortex .177, AirForce Escape .25 cal; MrodAir M10 .22

Others I have enjoyed:
Hatsan Bullboss .22; Airforce Condor .25; Hatsan BT65 QE .25; Hatsan BT65 Elite .22; Umarex Octane .25 custom; FDPCP GEN1 .22 cal; FDPCP GEN2 .22; Hatsan 135 .22;
Nitro Venom Dusk .177; Nitro Venom Dusk .22; Trail NP custom .22; Crosman Phantom .177; Crosman 1377 Carbine

Offline Monkeydad1969

• Old Timer
  • yes
« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2017, 07:55:37 PM »
Thanks Steve.  Wish I had another.

Joe
  • Colorado---Aurora

Offline mobilemail

• Old Timer
« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2017, 08:41:46 PM »

Joe

I could help with that...  PM me
  • Greene County IL 62016
Let's tell Illinois that airguns are not firearms!  http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=117529.0

Offline Monkeydad1969

• Old Timer
  • yes
« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2017, 10:45:21 PM »

Joe

Curses Mark, a blight upon your name... PM sent.
  • Colorado---Aurora

Offline mobilemail

• Old Timer
« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2017, 11:01:01 PM »

Joe

Curses Mark, a blight upon your name... PM sent.
Blight me  8) :o
  • Greene County IL 62016
Let's tell Illinois that airguns are not firearms!  http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=117529.0

Offline Gertrude

• There's GOTTA be a Screw Loose SOMEWHERE !.. Oh Wait,... nevermind,..
  • GTA Moderator
  • Old Timer
  • How long will it last ?... only The Hammer knows !
« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2017, 11:42:35 PM »
Blight me  8) :o

OK, That's some FUNNY STUFF right there !

So tell me again Joe,...
 ... you are NOT "addicted", right ?

... You can stop ANYTIME you like,... right ?
HAHAhahahaha !
 :o  :P  8)
 and your wife is FULLY Supportive of your addiction,... err,... I mean,... Hobby,... Right ? and your "involvement", (cough, cough, cough), ... right ?

Yeah RIGHT !

Dude,... there IS a 12 step program.
We ARE here to help you.

I'll be GLAD to walk you through it if you need a Sponsor, I'm here to "Help".
   (Get your wallet ready)

Love ya Bro...
 DOH !
  • State of Confusion
HEY ! CHECK THIS OUT >>> FIND A LOCAL SHOOTING FRIEND ON THE GTA MEMBERS MAP ! ! !

CLICK HERE >>>      https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=962067

Feel free to place your own marker on the map, (USE YOUR GTA SCREEN NAME)

That way,...when others can find you on the map, they can find you and send you a PM here on the forum.

Offline Monkeydad1969

• Old Timer
  • yes
« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2017, 03:07:45 PM »
 ;D You guys are crazy!
  • Colorado---Aurora

Online Ribbonstone

• Old Timer
« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2017, 09:16:16 PM »
I'm a bad excuse for an M10 owner. Haven't played with it in quite awhile.

After due consideration of how the rilfe wiull get used, removed the 3-12X and put on a simple 3-9X scope.  Just not going to be used any farther than a 3-9X can provide.

Guess I'm either complacent or the rifle fills a "slot" in the line up that's not better filled by some other PCP.  Don't really "know" yet if it is a "must-have-keeper" or just one I play with now and again....time, use will decide that over time.

Cured the trigger.  Then cured making the (stupidly placed) safety work with the trigger adjusted. Ordered really heavy weight pellets to better deal with the power output. Tried various transfer ports to decrease power and extend shot count

Results were great, but I just don't have anything that needs shooting at that power level or all that far away until huntring season rolls around again.

Disgtracting me: I got into the really quiet rifles, and put the M-10 to the side for a time (it's still holding a steady pressure, so it's likely "healthy"). More need right now, with only pest birds on the "legal" shooting menue, and shrouded/LDC's low power is better suited for the season here (warm...neighbors out more...no game animals to shoot).

Had a couple of tests at various speed with my nephew...he's happier with the Discovery, as that cost about as much as this did on sale, figured "what the hay" and let the Disco. go and kept thr M10.

Settled on a 3/4 throttle setting of  a bit less than 42 foot pounds.  It has 53-51 foot pounds with no sweat, but  40-42 seemed to be "enough"...fast enough that real heavy weight pellets aren't  really trajectory challenged (still in the 800's) but still able to toss 18.1's at a reasonably slow/accurate speed (more like 980fps).

Reasonably efficient.  Not 100% sure what the real air volume of that air tube really is.  Have seen 255 cc mentioned, and if it really is that size, then the efficiency is about 1.3.  I'm thinking it may be closer to 270cc's, which would make the efficiency more like 1.24.

Neither of those is earthshattering....but I'd not take it apart and rework the system for  the difference.

Did extend the LDC rather than make a new one.  Just a suspistion, but SUPECT the isse one has so many close-set baffles that the air speed (and sound) reduction is hampered by lack of volume when cranked up to full power.  The extention makes it at least "usefully" quiet when tuned down to the 38-42 foot pound level.

Soooo...I'd kind of inactive and silent about the M10 for now.

I really do NOT want to transform it into something that isn't in it's basic nature (that being a really fast/high powered unregulated PCP) as that exact nature would be a very good thing come next hunting season.  Found over the years, that pcp's forced/tuned into power leverl they aren't natural to tend to find ways of letting you know they aren't happy (blowing seals, needing readjustment, not keeping thier zero, etc.).

Let 'em live in the "zone" they seem to find to naturally wanting to shoot...fast or slow....if you really need a faster/more powerful one, buy a new one (and if you need a quieter/lower powered one, buy one of those as well).

Tell ya'll what...let me "whack" a couple of bothersome garbage can raiding racoons, and I'll re-evaluate the rifle's uses for me at this power level. It kind of likes the odd-ball 19gr. H&N  "X" shaped head hollow point, the speed would be enough to get it to expand on racoon sized critters, and I'll report on the results. 

As for too much more drastic experimention...why? 

As for the new repeater version...I'd have to see three things:

1. Is here a really decent single shot tray that with it?
2.Price...there seems to be more compition at the lower end of the PCP scale than there is anywhere else right now.
3. Is the new version more in tune with "moderate" power, or is it more like the original M-10's "male-round accessory package-to the-wall" type of tuning?

« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 09:20:14 PM by Ribbonstone »
  • Louisiana

Offline AGEnthused

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2017, 11:38:48 PM »
I'm curious if the LDC extension is something that can be done without machery.
I ordered two M10's, so far I have only replaced the trigger sears and put bottle brushes in to calm down the ping, I have noticed that one is quite a bit more powerful out of the box than the other.
Anyway both are great rifles, but those safeties aren't my favorite.
  • Pocatello, Idaho

GTA - The best place for discussion about Air Guns.